03-04 cobra supercharger (maybe a stupid question)

kid rock

Reaction score
guys,

maybe a stupid question but here goes, will the supercahrger off of the 03-04 cobras fit onto the npi/pi engines?

Si

ripper

Reaction score
Im not sure cause ive never done it but i would think it would fit any other 4v motor. Its an Eaton s/c made for fords svt team.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Pretty sure you have to swap the whole intake and heads though.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
2v heads.. NO, unless your looking for a long term project and alot of custom fab work.

any other 4v. heads. I dont think so.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You would have to fab up a manifold kit to adapt the blower, There was just a thread on www.corral.net where a guy was making a kit to use these blowers on 2V's but his price was gonna be @3000 and for a few hundred more you could buy a mongoose kit or the FRPP Eaton kit made for 2V's

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
yeah, some guy just posted it on Corral a week or two ago...he's making a kit for purchase...it includes everything but the Cobra Eaton. Definately different.

ripper

Reaction score
Its a good idea. Lotta guys put a whipple or KB on there cars and there are some eatons layin around for sale. Price is a little much though.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
yeah thats what i was saying to the guy but the price is gonna include new 42lbers 90mm maf etc plus the intercooler setup etc etc...

blown4point6

Reaction score
Anyone have a link to that article on corral.net? With all the 03-04 Cobra owners switching to KB and Whipple I have always wondered why I don't here about more 02 and down Cobra people putting then on.

S

scarface

most dont do it because on the normal, it costs just as much to put on the Eaton as is would to buy a procharger kit.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
scarface said:
most dont do it because on the normal, it costs just as much to put on the Eaton as is would to buy a procharger kit.

Exactly, if this entire project winds up costing @$3k then spend a few hundred more and you can have a brand new Mongoose kit etc...thats why i wouldn't waste my time trying to piece together a kit like that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online

No members online now.