1985 GT For Sale -- Utah

Marc

Reaction score
I have literally owned the car for a day. I wheeled & dealed and acquired the car. I have 3 mustangs already and don't need a forth. I drove the car for 1 hour on the freeway at 75MPH with zero issues. Most of what I know of the car is from the previous owner. I will send you the condensed version of what he sent me via email:

"I have had this car for quite a while. It has been sitting for over 2 years, almost 3. It has been garaged about 90% of the time I have owned it. It's a California car. I purchased it from St. George Used Cars in Murray, Utah. They have been gone for a long time. It's a true GT, but with the California Calibration and engine specs. It's almost completely stock, I have commuted to Farmington for about 17 years, and we used it just to make sure we had a car to drive when all else failed. It had the 10-hole Ford rims on it originally, but one of them developed a leak and it was cheaper to buy a whole set of aftermarket rims than it was to replace that one Ford rim. It's not perfect, but it's a nice car. I have grow quite attached to it. It has zero rust, just old paint that needs to be taken care of. I will feel really bad if it does not go to a good home.

Its a Mustang GT with original paint and original interior. It has zero rust and other than the rip in the driver's seat, it's a good clean car. It's gets pretty good mileage. My plan was to leave it pretty much as is and work on the engine to get just a bit better performance out of it, but other than that it's' a pretty good car. When I said it had it's own personality, just keep in mind what cars were like almost 30 years ago. This is way more a collector situation than anything else. I have had it since 1994. If it was a terrible car, I would not have kept it. It has all the typical 1985 Ford problems. The gauges swing from side to side because the instrument panel has it's own voltage regulator. I replaced that regulator long ago, and finally just gave up. I installed the temp gauge so I know how hot it really is, the oil pressure gauge is pretty accurate, the gas gauge, well, keep gas in it. It will tell you if it's full or empty and that's about it. It idles too high or too low, but it never stalls."

Now for the short amount of time I have had it, I can tell you my experience. It rides stiff like a old fox body. The after market temp gauge rode around 200. The stock one never hit half. The oil pressure gauge set at over half and not quite three quarters. The tires are old, but got some decent tread on them. I doubt they even make these tires anymore. By the previous owner's own admission, it sat in the garage for almost 3 years. The body does have a few minor dings and from the video below you can see the paint is not bad for 27 years old. The interior is good except the tear on the driver's seat--which is pretty common in these old cars. Cruise control works fine. All electronics, power windows, signals, and lights work. The fog lights didn't go on, but that could be just a fuse, but it has the original fog light covers. The hood decal needs to be replaced. Heat works. A/C needs to be charged but was converted to the new 134. It has a new waterpump and battery that was replaced last year. He told me that the dealership verified the mileage as it sits when he bought it. It sits at almost 94,000 original miles. I tend to believe him as this car looks nowhere at a car that has 194,000 miles on it. If anyone wants the VIN number to run a car fax report on it, I can send it to you. Looks like the mufflers might of been replaced at one time. The car does need a oil change. I noticed it is dripping a TINY bit of oil. Nothing bad, i did notice a spot on my drive way about the size of the fat end of a pen. Of course, sitting for almost 3 years, that would explain it. Automatic transmission seems to shift great. I am telling you the "goods" and the "bads" of the car. I am honest person and don't want anyone to come back and tell me I didn't give them the whole story of the car. Car has a clean title and I have it in hand. Again, I don't know much about the car other than what the original owner told me.

Like I said, I know very little about the car, but it does run really good. Here is the video I took of the car today, 3 March 2012. For those that are serious about purchasing the car, I have many close ups of the car inside and out and just need your email address to send them too.

Asking Price is $4,000.00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQpKbW1ssEo&feature=g-upl&context=G2d1488eAUAAAAAAAAAA

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArcAngel

Members online