1994 GT HCI advice please

bmcgc

Reaction score
Im on the other side of the fence. If it were me, I would pay to have it done. A shop can do it in a day or two and have the car back on the road. I would take me a month to do all that. The time, skinned knuckles, and aggravation is worth more to me than the money that I would have to pay. There are tons of people and shops with 5.0 expertise out there.

I just had new pressure plate springs installed, the high pressure switch on the ac replaced and the system charged for $187. A small price to pay to ride around cool and not listen to the TOB squeal and to have clean fingernails at the end of the day.

OP
OP
M

MTB'94

Reaction score
Im on the other side of the fence. If it were me, I would pay to have it done. A shop can do it in a day or two and have the car back on the road. I would take me a month to do all that. The time, skinned knuckles, and aggravation is worth more to me than the money that I would have to pay. There are tons of people and shops with 5.0 expertise out there.

I just had new pressure plate springs installed, the high pressure switch on the ac replaced and the system charged for $187. A small price to pay to ride around cool and not listen to the TOB squeal and to have clean fingernails at the end of the day.

Yeah I agree. The more I think and read others who have trouble after the swap I'm less sure I want to do it at home. Honestly, I'm even just considering a power adder and keep what I have now intact. I don't know enough about it and really don't feel like more and more research to do so. I'm not lazy, I do most all maintenance items myself but I'm about to begin studying for the CPA Exam and probably won't have time for it.

DavidBoren

Reaction score
Honestly, if you can swing it, just add the Vortech and be done.

Doing a h/c/i swap will get you a noticeable, yet mild, gain.

Not doing the h/c/i swap, and installing a Vortech will get you a much more noticeable gain, and will still be plenty streetable.

There really isn't an advantage of doing the h/c/i swap AND the Vortech... the Vortech alone can push the Windsor block to its limits, even with untouched E7 heads. So spending money on the h/c/i is a waste if you plan on boosting it later.

SVTGizzi

Reaction score
I have been researching the GT40 build also, lots of good info in this thread. Good luck with your build!

OP
OP
M

MTB'94

Reaction score
I've been looking around for used kit possibilities. That's what everyone seems to suggest, just buying a used kit. I don't know though, makes me a little uneasy. Some people try to sell things that are dead or almost there you know. You definitely make a good point about not doing both being the charger will kill the block by itself. lol.

Mustanger

Reaction score
Think I will stick to my original plan of the HCI for a couple reasons....first I have never done any building of an engine...next it has 166,666 miles on it so will need refreshing of the rings & timing chain etc...might as well bore it & do rings & pistons too. ...and I already have the E cam and Cobra intake & throttle body just need a set of AFR heads! (plus all the little things...so I am almost there.) Debating on the SCT chip for tuning everything, no one locally does that here in Southern Oregon. One tune shop is very familiar with chevy engines & the Moates tuning and really wants to do my Mustang but it will be his FIRST Ford! I am pretty leary of that! No hurry as money seems to be disappearing lately! LOL...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online