1996 gt

d.garza18

Reaction score
hi I have a bone stock 1996 mustang gt automatic, I have a budget around 10k. any suggestions for that budget?

Silver95bird

Reaction score
What's your goals? hit a hp number on a dyno, or a 1/4 mile time? Conversation piece? Show and go?

The 4r70w can handle a fair amount, if its prepared properly. If I had a big budget I'd get some trick flow heads and cams and a blower... if not, stock heads and a pi cams/intake swap with a blower would be nice. Or go full tilt n/a if that's your thing.

Tom

PinkieT

Reaction score
In addition to adding horsepower, make sure it can stop and handle well. Upgrade the brakes. Set of lowering springs, better shocks/struts. Big tires and wheels.

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
i would like to get as much whp i can, id say about 450-500+ would ultimately be my goal

BigBore96

Reaction score
You could just buy someone elses built car for that price range. Buddy of mine just picked up a very clean lower mile 4v cobra with a forged engine, suspension, and a vortech for less than that.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Or you could buy an electric supercharger, a really big stereo, and pimp interior, and some under body neons!!!!!

All jokes aside, what do you want the car to be??? Drag car, corner carver, ultimate street beast?!?

Need details please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Like said, it really depends what your goals are. $10k is in fact a lot of money, but goals of 500rwhp through a 2v auto will get chewed up very quickly when you start factoring in forged internals, upgraded fuel system, power adder, trans upgrades, rear end upgrades, brakes, etc, unless you can do everything yourself and put straight $10k into parts alone

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Oh come on man! Post sometime back!

For real tho, to be competitive with todays 6cylinders.....

understand big hp goals but honestly having something that looks KING makes statements!

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
looking for a bad street car, i found a decent price for a coyote engine but it got sold before i could jump on it. i would love to go that route and coyote swap it, im open to doing just about anything with that budget just want to get the best bang for the buck

neverenuff

Reaction score
[MENTION=21235]neverenuff[/MENTION]
Thanks white95, I've been out of the scene for a bit but if the OP has $10k to spend..15 and up GT shortblock from tasca, GT 350 heads and intake, magnum six speed. Oh and an IRS!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
Thanks! I recently cut the budget to around 5k sadly. I made a post on what I will be doing to the car after all. But I'm still open to ideas for the 5k budget if you have any?

neverenuff

Reaction score
Thanks! I recently cut the budget to around 5k sadly. I made a post on what I will be doing to the car after all. But I'm still open to ideas for the 5k budget if you have any?
I honestly think it can be achieved, no it won't be a riddler by any means but a nice driver, the hang-up are the limitations to the SN trans, in particular the RPM department. If you can find an f150 coyote with a 6r80 and make it fit, it would save some serious coin (I know they are out there). There are salvage yards making standalone control packs that supposedly work well for $500 ($1k savings). Not sure about a custom tune though. Used k-member and long tube headers will also provide funds for let's say the fuel system that is around 20 psi more that a 4.6. This requires either at least a 1/2 full oem tank of fuel or a sumped tank ($400) plus the fuel hat. $5k is an excellent start to a coyote swap and like mentioned above should net the major items.
Good luck, let me know if I can help.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnknownArmy

Members online