1996 Pacific Green Project BBF

PWNY

Reaction score
Hi guys. I just recently purchased a 1996 Mustang V6 car with no engine and transmission. Body wise, the car is quite decent. There is only one door ding with surface rust and a couple little spots on the front bumper with some missing clear coat but it is way better that most.
It happens to have an AJE tubular cross member and a set of engine mounts for a BBF 460 :)
Just starting to look for an engine and transmission so I can start working on it. Hopefully this project won't take me too long. Gonna try to and build it as cheap as possible.
image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg

Last edited:

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
460 good engine
I had the 460 police interceptor in my 92
With c6 trans 9 inch rear end 373
Huge slicks on the rear
Problem was you could not hammer the throttle
You had to roll out then give it hell

joemomma

Reaction score
We had a boat back in the 90s with a 460 (20' Stratos runabout). It was amazing. Talk about something that sounded mean AF with the through-hull exhaust. Everybody at the dock heard you when you fired it up.

302hobronco

Reaction score
I'm planning this exact swap also in my 94 gt. I have an 86 460 with a 4x4 c6 sitting in my shop waiting for me to build. I need to find a 2wd c6. There are some decently priced kits out there to make it all bolt in.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
You'll need the drive shaft from that truck cut it down to size and mate it to the 8.8 rear end or in my case 9 inch rear end
There are still some swap kits out there for 460
Should be a good project

OP
OP
PWNY

PWNY

Reaction score
You'll need the drive shaft from that truck cut it down to size and mate it to the 8.8 rear end or in my case 9 inch rear end
There are still some swap kits out there for 460
Should be a good project
We have a few good drive shaft shops in town that should be able to get things figured. Gotta track down an engine and trans before we worry about the drive shaft lol I have a few leads on engines.

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
I liked the D0VE heads. My last 460 was a 13:1 on D0VE heads with a moderate cam in a 1970 Lincoln Continental. The factory setup was 11:1 if I recall correctly and it had a c6 and 9-inch in it out of the gate. When leaded gas became unavailable I decided to have the heads setup with new seats, guides and valves. Of course the old, "While I'm in here...." thing came up so it turned into a full build. I mostly pulled a small horse trailer behind it but I had to be careful driving it. If you didn't pay attention you could find yourself doing 100mph before you knew it. Horses don't like that.

302hobronco

Reaction score
I want to put my 460 on an aluminum diet, heads, intake, water pump. D&D automotive specialties has the stuff needed for the swaps. I have a aluminum driveline out of a c.v. I'm planning on cutting down.

OP
OP
PWNY

PWNY

Reaction score
Engine has been acquired! It's out of a 1976 pickup. It has been rebuilt sometime in it's life so it's .030 over. It has an RV cam and timing set from a 429.
I am 99% sure I'm going to need to put a rear sump pan on it. I'm gonna test fit just incase I can get away with the front sump pan.
Also picked up a Quick Fuel 680cfm carb for it.

IMG_1827.jpg

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score

this is what i was running on mine

this is what i would run

OP
OP
PWNY

PWNY

Reaction score

Latest posts