1998 Mustang Cobra

tjmaxx

Reaction score
I know you guys get these questions all the time but I am looking at getting a 1998 Mustang Cobra convertable. Its black with a tan top and black and tan interior. It has 86K miles on it. It has 17 in black cobra r rims with the chrome lip the rears are deep dish. It has blacked out windows, Mac cat-back exhaust, Carbon fiber speedomiter dash. chrome pedals, chrome shifter other wise it is stock. They are asking $9000 and are firm on the price. The interior is in great shape, it shifts smooth engine runs strong.

problems-
It need an alignment and two new front tires. Dealer said they would fix those problems, also it sounded like it may need a new wheel bearing in the driver rear. It seemed to have a fairly clean carfax but it did say it had five owners :dunno:

Another thing is that I would have to get rid of my deep violet 96 GT which is an awesome car but not as fast as the cobra :dunno:

avitar290

Reaction score
You say this is from a dealer? Tell them $8000 and they have a deal. They will try to stick with the 9G's but I think they will eventually come down. Be sure to make a huge deal out of ANY imperfection, no matter how slight. The longer you can keep them haggling, the more they don't want to lose the sale. Good luck though, sounds like a pretty good deal.

OP
OP
T

tjmaxx

Reaction score
Kbb puts the suggested retail value at $12500 in my area. That seems kind of high though.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
order a black top and it will look pimp. that tan messes it up big time.

its clean though. :thumb:

8k sounds good.