1998 Mustang Gt Automatic Convertible Mid Pipe compatability questions ?

vaffanculo313

Reaction score
Hello fourm i just purchased my first car in june. Its been sitting years before i bought it and the cats are clogged so ive decided to get rid stock h pipe and go with an x pipe. The car has a rusty set of flowmaster cat backs on it so i was going to pair it up with a bbk catted x pipe or something similiar. Ive seen videos where 98 auto gt's have bbk x-pipe on it but on mustang website to buy parts i saw it would not fit my car because of the transmission and since my car is a vert ive herd the k-bar is in the way also. Can anyone can confirm that it would fit or not fit or suggest another mid pipe thats would fit perfeclty with my car and is catted. Thanks in advance for the replys

joekd

Reaction score
The OEM convertible brace sits under the motor, it is nowhere near the mid pipe

Also I have never heard of auto vs manual mattering for a mid pipe, I have a Pypes catted X and when I look on their website it just says it fits the Mustang GT, not a mention of tranny

OP
OP
vaffanculo313

vaffanculo313

Reaction score
I agree with you i never herd of transmission effecting mid pipe eithier. On american muscle.com it says on the bbk xpipe catted that its not compatible with auto trans. Is your vert an auto because i might jus go with your midpipe if it fits lol

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The UPR X-pipe i have on mine needed a bit of a custom weld job to the passenger side header.

Give american muscle a call and they should tell you if it fits an auto. I don't see why it shouldn't.

joekd

Reaction score
Sorry but no, my car is a 5 speed

You could contact Pypes though and verify it will fit

OP
OP
vaffanculo313

vaffanculo313

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the advice im sure the companys would know for sure if it wiil fit. Now i just got to decide what mid pipe goes good with these old flowmaster catbacks i have on it o_O

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What flowmasters do you have?

I use to run super 44s with an o/r x-pipe and it droned way too much for my liking.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
^ Flow 44s sound pretty nasty with the X, but like [MENTION=15502]Ferocious[/MENTION] said they do drone bad lol.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I thought they sounded like crap honestly.

They're nice if you like sounding like every f-150 on the road with a basic exhaust.

OP
OP
vaffanculo313

vaffanculo313

Reaction score
1f2fdf41-22e1-40e7-b0ca-0e8a43e725e0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG][video]

[/video]

To be honest im not really sure which flowmaster exhaust i have. I uploaded a pic and vid so maybe u guys can help me in determining and identifying the model of my flowmaster catback.

p.s. i might just change the catback and the midpipe if i get a good deal

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online