2001 Mustang GT rich on one bank

forddieseltechguy

Reaction score
Hey all , I was once part of this forum years ago when I purchased my first sn (97 pacific green cobra) car was great and due to being young and dumb I ended up selling it , anyways I am back but now with a 01 GT recently picked this up with no info on it from the prior owner or owners… this poor thing has been around the block.. anywho after cleaning it up a bit cosmetically I am at a stand still , this thing is running richer than trumps bank account , only codes I’m getting are P0172 for bank 1 being too rich , I went through the normal routine check on all vacuum lines and made sure they are good and not cracked or leaking , also made sure that my intake gaskets weren’t leaking either , data logged some tonight and finding bank 1 is super rich and bank 2 is not , pulled all the plugs and sure enough bank 1 had all the plugs fouled black like it was a diesel. Bank 2 had them all looking perfect , replaced bank 1 sensor 1 02 sensor and same deal, the car idles fine sometimes and other times has a hard time not shutting off so will start to surge , every time I drive the car it doesn’t shut off at lights but definitely can feel the hesitation when going up the RPM’s and then suddenly just opens up and feels fine , real weird to say the least , I then thought maybe this had a tune of some sort that went wrong with a chip possibly and checked the computer , no chip in sight. I’m thinking this is a tuning issue but currently at a stand still. The mods are as following
Professional products intake manifold
BBK 78mm throttle body
BBK cai
Hooker long tube headers (catless) with unknown x-pipe
this is all I know about the car up to know as far as engine mods. Any help would greatly be appreciatedIMG_5202.jpegIMG_5205.jpeg

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
If it were me, id pull the fuel rails with injectors in tack. Maybe use some zip ties to ensure they stay put and cycle the key over to prime the injectors. Be looking for leaky injectors....Oh and also id be double checking for ford part #'s on the injectors. There were plenty of ebay chinesium injectors made and got swapped that turned out to be terrible.

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
Yeah... that's an injector being a problem. Possibly it's stuck open.

OP
OP
forddieseltechguy

forddieseltechguy

Reaction score
So after alot of head scratching finally found out it was all due to the opposite side bank O2 sensor wire was completely microwaved on account of the previous owner had thought it was a good idea to use some O2 extension and literally lay it on the damn header.... anyways replaced that sensor and made my own extension on the connector and shes running great now , thankfully it was something dumb like that, thanks for the replies guys

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online