2 step options

shine1stang

Reaction score
Ok for you guys that actually go to the track frequently and really need more consistant launching rpms. A 2 step rev limiter with retard will be developed for our v6 mustangs. The cool part of this is that this unit can be used on stock ignition!!!!!!! Really at this point there isnt anything on the market like this. Msd dis 4 ignition box has these capabilities, but the Shine experience hasnt been a good one with msd. Dad has 1000 bucks worth of msd paper weights in the shop! This limiter will be an ignition cut system and will prove very beneficial to turbo cars building boost. If everything goes well with this unit it should be readily available in april.
Im very excited about this, and my car will be the test mule for the unit! More to come in the future

OP
OP
S

shine1stang

Reaction score
yeah! even the launch master by msd is for coil on plugs. I know im a part of a very small group of v6 drag racers, but im trying to push something like this into the v6 community. I think it could be a very good thing for us. Whether you drag, or even street race. Not saying i promote it but it does happen.

quik67mustang

Reaction score
i have a 2step from n2mb meant for a gt, still havent gotten around to installing it, lemme know how yours goes!

atlanticblue98

Reaction score
quik67mustang said:
i have a 2step from n2mb meant for a gt, still havent gotten around to installing it, lemme know how yours goes!

look who is dropping in...
lol.gif

OP
OP
S

shine1stang

Reaction score
well at this point im not pursuing the development. I ordered one of the N2MB boxes and see how that works. I just dont have the spare resources to go into the development right now. Also i wanted to see how this one would do, if it crap then i will bring this back to the drawing board.

quik67mustang

Reaction score
i just talked to someone on 3.8. i finally have confirmation that the regular box for a mustang gt will work on our cars!

OP
OP
S

shine1stang

Reaction score
quik67mustang said:
Yes it should. Its a pretty generic box, and depending on application can be hooked up different ways. All it really needs in a rpm source, and to be wired into the ignition system. Once the box is active then it disrupts the ignition to maintain the rpm that you want it to. For the 94-98 gts they hook it up to the crank trigger, for us v6 guys we need to hook up into the injector signal. Thats what i recieved in an email from them

quik67mustang

Reaction score
shine1stang said:
quik67mustang said:
Yes it should. Its a pretty generic box, and depending on application can be hooked up different ways. All it really needs in a rpm source, and to be wired into the ignition system. Once the box is active then it disrupts the ignition to maintain the rpm that you want it to. For the 94-98 gts they hook it up to the crank trigger, for us v6 guys we need to hook up into the injector signal. Thats what i recieved in an email from them

any idea where a good place to tap into it is?

OP
OP
S

shine1stang

Reaction score
quik67mustang said:
shine1stang said:
quik67mustang said:

"It can use the fuel injector drive signal as an RPM source. We can't use the crank wheel because the V6 has a different crank wheel than the V8 and we only have the decoder for the V8. However, we have a generic code that will work with any car using the fuel injection signal and setting the number of cylinders." That was directly from an email he sent me.
Have you ordered one yet? Im gonna have to shoot him another email, i ordered it two weeks ago and he said he was waiting for some parts. Havent recieved shipping confirmation yet.

quik67mustang

Reaction score
shine1stang said:
quik67mustang said:
shine1stang said:
quik67mustang said:

"It can use the fuel injector drive signal as an RPM source. We can't use the crank wheel because the V6 has a different crank wheel than the V8 and we only have the decoder for the V8. However, we have a generic code that will work with any car using the fuel injection signal and setting the number of cylinders." That was directly from an email he sent me.
Have you ordered one yet? Im gonna have to shoot him another email, i ordered it two weeks ago and he said he was waiting for some parts. Havent recieved shipping confirmation yet.

ive had mine for almost a year, just never had the balls to install it haha

OP
OP
S

shine1stang

Reaction score
im just curious how much boost im gonna b able to build at the line!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online