Our 1995 Mustang GT

vonfilm

Reaction score
My wife ordered a 1995 Mustang GT new in the fall of 1994 from her hometown Ford dealer in Bright Red with Tan Leather and an automatic transmission. She drove it for over 20 years and then parked it in our driveway about 6 years ago. It still looks pretty good.
Our son finished his masters degree and will be off our payroll very soon. So now is the time to restore our Mustang. I will post the build’s progress here. A local shop who specializes in “Classic Cars” will be doing the work.

The first step was ordering a 5.0 Long Block with GT40 heads from a local engine builder. The plan includes a Cobra intake, larger throttle body, mass airflow meter, injectors, shorty headers,and a new exhaust system with no cats. Also a shift kit for the AOD and maybe a MSD ignition.
The brakes and suspension will be gone through and a new gas tank fitted. I’m sure other issues will surface also.

Any comments and advice will be considered and appreciated.

Reba Dad

Reaction score
Yours looks like a hardtop version of my '94. What is the "Official" color of your red. I recently found out that my original color was Forest Green and I don't know if my red was one of the original Mustang reds or if it was something the previous owner just cooked up. My picture does not look as red as your red but it was photographed in bright sunlight. Thanks

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds great! Best of luck with your build-back. Please keep us posted on your progress. Cheers!

Maximum95

Reaction score
Yours looks like a hardtop version of my '94. What is the "Official" color of your red. I recently found out that my original color was Forest Green and I don't know if my red was one of the original Mustang reds or if it was something the previous owner just cooked up. My picture does not look as red as your red but it was photographed in bright sunlight. Thanks

Both of your cars look like they are Vibrant Red (paint code ES). @vonfilm maybe you could check the sticker in the driver door jamb and see if the paint code is ES?

Wood's 5.0

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum. Nice to see another 1 owner Mustang here among us. Good looking car. I always dug the Vibrant Red. Welcome.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online