2001 Bullit GT value

Lisa

Reaction score
Hi....I am in the process of buying a 2001 Bullit GT. I am wanting to know the value of the car as is because there are mechanical issues. There are 58000 miles on the car. The 2nd gear synchros are out. I talked to the ford dealership and they said my best option is to replace the tranny and the clutch. This guy wants $7500 for the car. Every car value site I look into lists the car with the problems it has as between $4000 and 5100. I wanted to hear some real expert opinions on this. It also needs new tires all around. I haven't had a chance to actually look the car over myself yet....but would like to have some input on value with what I do know so far. Thanks.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
$7500 seems a little steep to me, especially since you have to dump a few more grand into the trans work. $5k seems more reasonable in my opinion. It is a limited run car, but I don’t think that makes it that much more valuable.

OP
OP
L

Lisa

Reaction score
$7500 seems a little steep to me, especially since you have to dump a few more grand into the trans work. $5k seems more reasonable in my opinion. It is a limited run car, but I don’t think that makes it that much more valuable.
Thank you so much. I was figuring on offering him between 4000 and 4500. He tried to tell me that it can be driven without 2nd gear but most of us know what this does to a clutch and tranny. The car is sight unseen as of right now so I dont even know if there is any body damage or if anything else is wrong with it. Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online