OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Magic.

I've been checking on maintenance and weak points, and that motor doesn't seem to have any issues at all. just oil and filter changes till about 100K miles!
Pretty sweet. i'll be running royal purple in it. not sure if it needs a CAI.

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Started cleaning tonight.
I'm thinking the previous owner was a dip shit.
My 10 year old F150 has less asthetic dammage. it's gonna take some work to get her back to shiny.

somehow this guy scratched the windshield, inside and outside, and both side windows.
also have some dammage to the drivers door hinge, and some chips in the tailgate.
Got paint estimate and ordered a clear bra for the front of the hood, nose, pillars and roof.

got some polishing ahead.

cleaned the interior tonight, few little dents in the aluminum, but overall very clean.
bezel lense is all scratched, so i'll have to pull it and polish it with scratch n swirl.
scratched lenses and screens bug me. thank goodness the touchscreen isn't messed up.

More pix to come!

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Interior shot.
wiped everything down with CG innerclean.
hit all the plastic with C6

R13.jpg

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
OK, so i'm getting geared up!

I think i picked the wheel I want, here's a chop that's close to scale.
I need to check on the offset....., but I like them WAY better than all the Raptor wheel pics i've seen so far.

20" Fuel D564's

R14.jpg

Rchop1.jpg

This should go here: lol!

Fya.jpg

McCloud

Reaction score
I like the look of the wheel but I'm old school in terms of wheels on a truck. I prefer a stock or stock+1 size wheel with more sidewall on the tires. I don't really like the mall crawler look.

I'm looking at getting the ATX Cornice wheels for my F350. Probably a little cheaper wheel than you're looking for though.
American-Racing-ATX-19579050612N-19589050612N-AX-195-Cornice-Alloy-Wheel-in-Flat-Black-for-07-14-JK-3.jpg

American-Racing-ATX-19579050612N-19589050612N-AX-195-Cornice-Alloy-Wheel-in-Flat-Black-for-07-14-JK-2.jpg

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's a good looking wheel McCloud

I know, eveyone likes the stock size on offroad vehicles. I just like the look of a bigger wheel. Been looking....
Just sold my Blue truck tonight so I'll need to make a decision!

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I like the look of the 20s in your photoshop. I don't mind big wheels on an off-road vehicle, unless they are chrome. The color of the ones you posted look like they have a hint of bronze in them, I dig it

Doodler

Reaction score
I like the look of the 20s in your photoshop. I don't mind big wheels on an off-road vehicle, unless they are chrome. The color of the ones you posted look like they have a hint of bronze in them, I dig it

Exactly why I like those wheels. Very nice.

Beautiful truck. I love the look of the white raptors. Great pictures and very cool location shots.

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Doodler!

That is exactly why i like them as well! They're forged then coated this dark-bronzish color, i'm not sure how dark, but I think it will look good.

The wheels i chopped above have too much of an offset to clear on my truck without lifting it. Don't want to lift it.
They do have a 9" that has about the same offset as stock, but the isn't as much dish in the wheel's face :(. It doesn't look as good IMO but pretty good.

I'll post a chop on that here in a few.

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
OKEYDOKEY, so the top right is the configuration that will fit the raptor at stock height. not as much dish, but still looks pretty good.
I will be doing the mid perch mod, so the front end will be about 1.5" higher.

What do you guys think? is it worth 1200 bucks?

Rchop2.jpg

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
17's to 22's is a big step :) they do have the same finish.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I vote for the top right, those wheels just set it off. And 1200 doesn't seem too bad for that setup at all!

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's just wheels, but I need new tires either way.

Doodler

Reaction score
That's just wheels, but I need new tires either way.

I don't think that's really all that bad even for just the rims. Factory Raptor wheels don't fit them at all. They just look really off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online