2014 wheel paint project

Pale Horse

Reaction score
So my wife bought a 2014 GT. It's black with the normal package, she wanted the appearance package and none where available. We know this to be fact because the dealer drove to Michigan to pick it up. Her budget doesn't allow new rims, so I suggested painting them black. I will of course leave the center caps alone along with the chrome lugs. The wheels are the alloy 5 stars. I am using the duplicolor prep paint and black followed with clear. I shot it on one of my old 5 star center caps looks good. Wish me luck.

OP
OP
P

Pale Horse

Reaction score
MyBlackMustang-1000_zpsbe66fba0.jpg

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Looks pretty sharp! I've had the pleasure of driving a 2014 around a whole lot. Those things are sweet!

OP
OP
P

Pale Horse

Reaction score
We decided not use the clear coat, that's why it looks flat. The thinking there is touching up the rims as needed would be easier. All tho we may change our minds in the spring. Next will be the supersnake stripes and louvers.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Should of plasti dipped them like I did with my 2012 wheels... Came out the same and is reversible, also easier to repair and more forgiving than regular paint. :)
IKojkgh.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Staff online

Members online