2V Trickflow Heads

97ponygt

Reaction score
Was looking in purchasing the new trickflow heads that were released for the good ol' 2V.
First question is can my engine and transmission handle everything ok?
Also what do you guys recommend as far as supporting mods do I need new fuel injectors or anything fuel related?
I already have PI cams that I need to install and should I get a PI Intake or anything?

Also forgot 97 Mustang GT, transmission 4r70w

Tbuck07

Reaction score
Im pretty sure you have to run the PI intake with those heads..Im not sure if the NPI gaskets will work with those heads..but in essence, why not spend another 100 for the intake.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Tbuck07 said:
Im pretty sure you have to run the PI intake with those heads..Im not sure if the NPI gaskets will work with those heads..but in essence, why not spend another 100 for the intake.

Yeah, you definitely want at least a PI intake.

Codycougar91

Reaction score
Get the PI intake w/ aluminum crossover (do NOT, i repeat NOT get the plastic crossover), PI Intake Installation Kit, and some nice cams

GDTrumbo

Reaction score
Is anyone even selling that plastic paperweight anymore? If they are, they should be put in a firing line and shot.

GT

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
GDTrumbo said:
Is anyone even selling that plastic paperweight anymore? If they are, they should be put in a firing line and shot.

GT

You realize that the stock Pi intake is pretty much the best buy for a 96-98 gt and that aftermarket intakes make little to no differance untill you have boost and the intake would cost 10x as much as the pi intake.

navarro98gt

Reaction score
Make sure you order the 44CC combustion chamber, it will put you around 10:1 compression.

GDTrumbo

Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
GDTrumbo said:

GT

You realize that the stock Pi intake is pretty much the best buy for a 96-98 gt and that aftermarket intakes make little to no differance untill you have boost and the intake would cost 10x as much as the pi intake.

I'm talking about the OEM piece w/o the aluminum X-over.

I'm running the Dorman nPI unit. Too many sealing/running issues putting a PI intake on my DD. That issue will change with an engine swap or Trick Flow addition if or when that happens.

GT

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
GDTrumbo said:
justinschmidt1 said:
GDTrumbo said:

GT

I'm talking about the OEM piece w/o the aluminum X-over.

GT

Gotcha, nm then.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
the Trick flow IM is a nice piece! but you'd also need the elbow and TB.

GDTrumbo

Reaction score
Where is the best place to see and price a complete top end system featuring the new Trick Flow heads/IM/TB?

One thing I especially like is there is apparently no POV issues with these heads. Never really liked an interference engine. One slip and it's done!

GT

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you have the money i'd go with the heads and a set of specific cams. Those heads can take advantage of more aggressive cams. Nick Mckinney was working with Bullitt cams and developed cams for Trick Flow heads.

I'd like to see the Edelbrock intake on those heads.

navarro98gt

Reaction score
I cant wait to see some real results (dyno graphs) with a nice head/cam combo.

OP
OP

97ponygt

Reaction score
Do you guys think that the trickflow heads are good for a DD or would a supercharger be better? I still want to see what kind of power these heads will make on a 96-98 before making my decision.

WarHorse

Reaction score
Ive heard really good numbers but nothing set in stone, like one of the previous posters stated, i wouldnt mind hearing some numbers come from someone who is not trying to sell them.

Codycougar91

Reaction score
to put it this way, you'll get more power out of these than any other carb legal PI heads

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have no doubt these heads are better than the ported PI's were all have now. I noticed many of the racers on other forums are switching to them. The guys running the street and factory stock style classes have strict rules to follow and get everything out of the stock parts so to see them switching to these tells me they are legit.

BUT TIME WILL TELL

I wouldn't ditch my current heads for them but if i were to ever build another 2V car i may use these.

ruler

Reaction score
the flow numbers on these say they outflow stock 4v. I am getting a set I am just gonna let them work out the bugs before I drop the 2700 2k for heads and 700 for cams and hardware.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online