3 Valve swap, can I keep VVT?

Catalina

Reaction score
OK, so, let me preface this with the following:

I know there a ways to make more power out of the 2v. I don't care. The motor in the car is in need of a complete bottom end, and I can get the 3valve cheaper than I can get another 2, or rebuild the motor I have.

The car is an 01, 4.6l 2 valve. Will the computer for the 3 valve motor work in this car with the body wiring that's in there? I know the motor harness will have to come along to do that. This is not a problem, I just need to know what it would take to keep vvt, and whether it's worth my time, or should I just get the cam gears to delete it? I'd rather keep it, for sake of having done it, and not having to spend the extra cash to buy the cam gears.

Again, I know that the 3 valve swap is not the cheapest way to make more power, this is about replacing a bad motor and making a little power in the process. Thanks for any input.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
im doing a 2004 cobra motor into a 1996 GT. and I will be *guessing* no. none of the newer computer will work on the older body style.

Computer boxes (ECU) will have different dimensions and require custom brackets be made.

The harnesses are made to fit into a different body, so they will need to be cut open and lengthened/shortened/modified.

harness sockets wont mate into the older harnesses (guage clusters, transmission harness, etc.) so they will have to be modified or swapped to the new stuff.

your ignition system may need work as well, (thinking about the PAT system)

etc. etc. etc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online