335s scraping rear fenders!

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
I know I need to roll the fenders...but I was just wondering if theres any other ways to help this problem out.

Would stiffening up my shocks help?

How about a better rear sway bar?

If the tires arent swaying into the fenders the problem wouldnt exist right?

9psi 98

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem, You can stiffen the rear up and that would help, but your handling might suffer. I have 315's with a Bullitt suspension and the only time that the tires are rubbing are when I take a sharp corner or pull into my inclined driveway too fast. I just take it easy most of the time. I'm thinking that rolling my fenders is going to solve 99% of my problems though.

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
9psi 98 said:
I'm having the same problem, You can stiffen the rear up and that would help, but your handling might suffer. I have 315's with a Bullitt suspension and the only time that the tires are rubbing are when I take a sharp corner or pull into my inclined driveway too fast. I just take it easy most of the time. I'm thinking that rolling my fenders is going to solve 99% of my problems though.

yea, when I take sharp corners and hit bumps I can hear it...sounds like a loud grinding sound.

Do you get the loud noise?

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
Do you get the loud noise?

Yeah I have that problem when I leave my driveway. I take it real slow it almost sounds like a popping noise. It took me a few weeks to figure out what it was I thought it was the springs decompressing. Did you get these from JonBeast?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I guess he didn't, i remember reading about him having scrapping issues then i seen him selling them. It must of bothered him alot because he was really happy when he first put them on.
Get a bat and roll those things alittle.

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
I guess he didn't, i remember reading about him having scrapping issues then i seen him selling them. It must of bothered him alot because he was really happy when he first put them on.
Get a bat and roll those things alittle.

Im gonna check around first...Im not gonna crack my paint up or destroy my fender if i can get a shop to do it for a decent price so they will be responsible if they screw it up.

I guess theyre scraping my outer edge...I flipped the quads, moved the brake lines, hammered some of the inner fender that was close.

Hopefully rolling the fenders eliminates this crap

9psi 98

Reaction score
Scraping the outer edge? I know that my 315's are 12" wide. I can't even imagine how wide a 335 tire is, no wonder you're having problems. Is your tire leaving any marks on your paint? I'd take a piece of masking tape and tape the inside of your fender. Then, take your car for a ride and make the tires bump on purpose. The tape is obviously softer than the paint so it's going to rub off where the fender and tire are making contact. You'll at least know how much you'll have to roll. If it is too much, it will be decision time to break out the cut off wheel or leave it in the toolbox.

S

scarface

take them off and sell them to me, and get some tires that fit you rounders tiny rear wheel wells :)

voidfinger

Reaction score
I remember someone talking about a group buy on a fender roller that was like 200 something and everyone roll their fenders... Don't know what happened to that though.

Bluesn95

Reaction score
There is only one car in america that comes with those tires.

voidfinger

Reaction score
lol I was a valet and i can tell you how to stop a viper. Let your wife drive it. This guy gave his viper to his wife and she ran it so far into the ground lol. The back rotors were so gone that the pad backing fell out hahaha.

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
lol I was a valet and i can tell you how to stop a viper. Let your wife drive it. This guy gave his viper to his wife and she ran it so far into the ground lol. The back rotors were so gone that the pad backing fell out hahaha.

cause women are idiots