New Edge Fender Rolling

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Getting ready to roll the fenders on my car in preparation for lowering. I called my local shop today and they said they only roll the rear fenders because they feel like the fronts are too weak and crumple. Does that sound right? Should I roll just the rears or should I roll the fronts as well. Is there any more concern with the fronts than the rears?

Thanks in advance.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I did them both myself and had no problems. Now the reproduction pieces are thinner and bend easier but with the tool its no big deal.

03torchgt

Reaction score
At what point do you need to roll the fenders? Do you know how much of a drop you’re going for? I’m lowered with 315s out back and haven’t rolled mine.

OP
OP
NEW EDG

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
At what point do you need to roll the fenders? Do you know how much of a drop you’re going for? I’m lowered with 315s out back and haven’t rolled mine.
In my case I went with 275/40/18 tires which are 26.7" vs the stock 25.7". Since half of the added tire height is in the wheel well I have already effectively chewed up 0.5" of the gap. I then plan to us H&R Sport springs which will lower the car 1.5". So adding the 1.5" drop to 0.5" of wheel gap I have already swallowed up I'm closing up the wheel gap by 2". At stock ride height I already heard a rub pulling into a steep driveway this weekend. So I will no doubt have issues when I drop it especially since I'm running spacers in the rear as well.

That said each case is different and the quality control on these cars is not great so there is quite a variance from car to car. If you aren't hearing rub or seeing cuts in your tires then you're probably ok. But if you are hearing rub and seeing cuts on the outer shoulder of the tire you should definitely roll the fenders to gain more clearance and not cut your tires. I don't think I need to go into the obvious danger of cutting a tire at speed.

03torchgt

Reaction score
Oh alright that makes sense I’m just on 17s. I also went with the H&R springs I think you’ll be happy with those.

Maximum95

Reaction score
I've rolled fenders on SN and New Edge cars, as well as many others. You are more likely to run into rubbing in the rear, with the way the body lip sticks straight into the wheel well. I only had to roll the fronts on my car when I was mega hotboi status on some negative offset wheels with stretched tires, and super low on coilovers.

That being said, when I had H&R springs back in the day with some 315s on Bullitt wheels the tires got cut up pretty bad. I think you will be fine with having the rears done for now. I know you are taking it to a shop, but the heat gun is your best friend during this procedure!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.