340 to 360RWHP

Discussion in '96-04 - 4V Specific' started by solis, Oct 28, 2018.

1. TheStag

TheStag New Member

I think that’s one thing that kinda gets us as enthusiasts. We look at forums and YouTube and we’re like “man that looks easy/cheap”. I’ve gotten so many good parts from people who jump ship after starting projects that they got in too deep on. Kinda best to do your homework, plan for the worst, and if you can’t afford the worst case scenario— don’t do it. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. 01yellercobra

01yellercobra Active Member

Because honestly it's not worth it for most. I know of one max effort N/A C headed engine. It was a 5.3 with high compression and spun close to 8k. It made a tick over 400rwhp without the spray. And it wasn't a friendly engine in stop and go. Being "just another supercharged Cobra" isn't a bad thing with how easy these engines make power with boost.

3. ttocs

ttocs Legend

agreed if you are wanting reliability and power its hard to ignore the decades of "research" your fellow mustang brothers have done beating the hell out of these bolt on systems. If you want to keep it a little unique then go turbo. I wanted to be unique and go turbo but it was too hard for me to ignore a great deal on a vortech V3 system that came up. Not sorry today.