349 swap

RichV

Reaction score
Ya, I know guys building CMC Mustangs 96-04 wanted the V6 K members for pushrod motors. But I've also read the 4.6 k members can be used. Have no clue if they're same or not.

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Modified or new K-member. 3.8 V6 k-member is the same as 5.0 also any 85 - 95 5.0 K-member will work as well.

Brakes system will need to be replaced. 4.6 uses hydrastat off the PS pump. 302 will need a vacuum system minus all the ABS.

Will need a different transmission,.. T5 or early AOD or C4. Will need a gauge cluster from a 94/95 car or buy the autometer cluster and make your own gauge cluster. It will be a wiring nightmare from hell to get everything working correctly. You won't need to change the transmission if you get a Trans controller that will control transmission separately and run a TPS on the carb very simple and The quick 1 controller is great for the money!

Much easier to buy a 94/95 or start out with a V6 car instead of a 4.6 car.

Here's you a good write up to read about this. http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/v6-tech/287072-v6-v8-swap-faq-newbies-read-here-first.html

Hope this clears things up for y'all! Take care !

99GreenStang

Reaction score
False... hydro boost can be used on the 5.0

Bud all I know is that info came from another site I just copied and pasted. Im sure anything "can" be used with anything with enough work or effort but is it realistic? Get something better to do then pick apart something stupid about brakes when it's not even in the equation were talking about K members. I shouldn't have been copied and pasted that part.