4.6 2v exhaust

CombatWombat

Reaction score
Looking to put an exhaust system on my 96 2v. I want it to be considerably loud, but not crossing the line into obnoxious. Id like to run an offroad x pipe, and am looking at a few setups. Ive been looking at the Pypes Violator system, or this Pype Bomb system I saw on American Muscle, which I think is fairly new because I cant find any Youtube videos of it on the 2v. Im a bit concerned with the quality of the Pypes systems though, so Im also thinking about the Magnaflow Magnapack cat back. Any advice or suggestions? Like I said Id like it to be just quiet enough where its not obnoxious but still make considerable noise.

GT3FC

Reaction score
I bought my 02 2v with a borla exhaust already installed on it also with some comp cams and I love the exhaust note. even with just the H pipe and the borla mufflers it would sound amazing (minus the cams). an X pipe will give you more of a racecar note where as an H pipe will give you more of that Deep American muscle growl. I honestly think both X and H pipes sound good.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Magnapacks sound good but they are a straight through design. Paired up with an o/r x it will be pretty loud.

joekd

Reaction score
I had a catted X with magnapacks catback on my 96 and it was the perfect sound to me, loud enough to get attention anywhere but decent enough to drive over an hour on the highway without hating it

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
My buddy runs magnapacks on his 01 and it's LOUD. We're constantly entering him in 2 steps with his exhaust and he wins almost all of them. So it's safe to say it's pretty damned loud. He has it paired to a UPR o/r x. I'm gonna recommend Borla's personally. They're quiet when your just cruising around, and screams when you open it up. Pretty much same thing with every higher end exhaust kit from what I've heard personally. You get what you pay for. And to be completely honest a guy we sometimes cruise with runs pypes o/r x (which I'm not knocking on, their x sounds pretty good. I used to run one) and a pypes violator cat back... Dude my girlfriend and I were following him and she looked at me and said "His car sounds like wet farts" ....That oughta tell you right there not to get it haha. It's cheap for a reason man. Spend a couple bucks and get yourself a good kit. Can't go wrong with Magnaflow or anything above them. I'd steer clear of anything below them

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Shorty headser, off road H, and magnaflow mufflers. Loud at WOT but normal for cruising. Maybe not as loud as you want, but has a good tone.

[video=youtube;zsdwEwOU35A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsdwEwOU35A[/video]
[video=youtube;KtDp1jgXFUc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtDp1jgXFUc[/video]
[video=youtube;yubvoaOlPqU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yubvoaOlPqU[/video]

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
from my experience pretty much anything with an offroad midpipe is going to be on the loud side, the problem is everyone has their own opinion of loud and obnoxious.

I have a catted x pipe and Borla stingers and I think it's too loud, but if you're cruising at 1500rpm its rather quiet in the car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online