408ci PMS throttle punch intake backfire

mustang3550

Reaction score
Soo ive been off the forums for while but on the Fb seen but revert back here for what I hope is a more positive answer.

Motor is 408 10.8 compression. Afr 225. Just swapped cam over winter break to comp cams 35-522-8. I wanted a much more street setup and I needed to swap due to previous cam specs being for carb and 7k plus. Changed to correct springs,lifters, ect. Intake is Victor efi, 90mm accufab tb, 95mm pmas mass air clocked at 9. Base timing at 10 degrees.

Idles great actually. But the stab of throttle is still popping into intake. Its not every rev but unadjusted my wideband darts right lean condition. If you baby the rpms up it seems to be ok. I've played with response and recovery and added 24% fuel up to 3600 that tapers off to 0 at 5k but on occasion I get the pop. Kinda irritating...well very irritating.

Any input from pms users. I've yet to take the car down the road as I have .....1 I have Those kinda neighbors(dead inspection plus its me) and 2 few interior pieces and shifter to put in.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Anderson ford motorsport is known for great customer service. Or they used to be...I dont know now, but try giving them a call about their own product. Sure they could direct you In a good path.

Sorry this response couldnt be better. I widhed I could help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
litelmac

Members online