40th anniversary GT project car

Discussion in 'Build Ups & Projects' started by treyf04gt, Aug 18, 2015.

1. treyf04gt

treyf04gt New Member

[​IMG]

This is my 2004 mustang GT 40th anny edition whenever i bought her, 72k miles, auto, stock everything, black leather interior, pretty much my project car that idea like to drive to work 2 or 3 times a week while giving the 4.6l the best tools to make it purr!! Next performance mod will be shock/struts and lowering kit cuz the front struts are done

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

first thing was tires 245/45 & 275/40 nitto 555s and tint

[​IMG]

and of course get that engine looking clean

[​IMG]

just installed the new lights today waiting for my CAI and Bama Tuner, any recommendations for the next steps?? Figured exhaust (x pipe or h pipe?) new gears (???) and throttle body spacer on its way from air raid whenever they can find me one.

2. lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

Nice start man! Exhaust is going to solely depend on how you want it to sound. X pipe will be more raspy and import-ish, H pipe will be deeper and more muscle-y. Personally I would get an off road h pipe. Then definitely get the gears. 3.73's or 4.10's are just fine and the car will be a blast to drive.

3. treyf04gt

treyf04gt New Member

Thanks man, yea i think I'm going to go with the H pipe, got my CAI put in today along with my tuner its def made a huge difference

4. treyf04gt

treyf04gt New Member

A few updates..got the SR CAI installed and the Bama X4 tuner and its really woken the car up..Also got some Halo headlights

[​IMG]

[​IMG]