460 SWAP WASTE OF TIME?

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
It will not drop in. The bronco hatness is not conpatible with the mustang so you can't use it. Neither is the bronce ecc. Since the car is carb you need to run it carb. Or find all the wiring from a gt to switch to a maf. You car was v6 right?

OP
OP
STROKEDPONY

STROKEDPONY

Reaction score
Yes sir was a V6 but all original efi wiring is still intact. The guy with the bronco said i could transfer all the speed density components from the bronco to the mustang. Said he did it with his 87gt only difference is his motor & components came from a ford f150 with speed density. So i don't know if he was yanking my chain ?

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
That's because his car was speed density already your is a maf and it's set up for 2 less cylinders. . Wountt work..

OP
OP
STROKEDPONY

STROKEDPONY

Reaction score
Okay got it,thanks for clearing that up for me. Do i need to find a different distributor for the speed density motor in order to switch to carb & maybe a cam upgrade ? Thanks !

OP
OP
STROKEDPONY

STROKEDPONY

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help. One more question, will the distributor from the 86 speed density motor work in a 88 5.0 5spd. Motor switched to carb ?
Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online