4v fuel rails

schacher94gt

Reaction score
Hey guys when i build my motor i went ahead and swapped to C heads. I knew that id have to mod my fuel lines but I thought I was gonna have to just bend the tabs straight but instead id have to cut off the whole bracket and weld them to the right place. Anyways my question is if i just pick up a 99/01 cobra or mach 1 will it be a direct fit(are they returnless or return style rails) and also would my fuel regulator be able to be used?
thanks guys

alex

massacre

Reaction score
What are you running for an intake manifold?

'99+ is returnless.

It's wicked easy, just cut the tabs off the rail and weld them where they belong.

OP
OP
S

schacher94gt

Reaction score
im running a mach 1 so im just gonna have to cut them, straighten the tabs and than weld them back

massacre

Reaction score
The writeup I know is actually for an '03 Cobra lower, but it's similar.

Don't worry about straightening the tabs, you'll prob end up cutting the "feet" off the bottom of the tabs anyway.
If you do it right you can even keep the ford emblem........;)

quikcobra

Reaction score
Try to pick up a set of C-head fuel rails it seems like its the easiest way if you dont have a welder handy and arent the best at welding. It is thin metal and easy to warp. I think I may have a set or 2 laying around if your interested send me a PM

encasedmetal

Reaction score
there is a writeup on this subject in the sn95 cobra section on svtp titled "C head swap". check it out

Mystic SVT

Reaction score
Try to pick up a set of C-head fuel rails it seems like its the easiest way if you dont have a welder handy and arent the best at welding. It is thin metal and easy to warp. I think I may have a set or 2 laying around if your interested send me a PM

But the C head rails are returnless and B head rails are return style so he needs to modify his stock b head rails so he doesn't have to try to make the c head rails return style. OP, cut off the mounting tabs and have them rewelded to the sides. Its been done many times and works great.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online