5.0 newbie... could use some help on modding a stock car

scott5

Reaction score
Are you looking for a budget build or you looking to spend good money?

budget i would do: Longtubes, x-pipe, underdrive pulleys, E303 cam, gt40 intake, set of gt40 heads ported and polished, jlt cai, 70mm tb, 76mm mass air, 24lb injectors..

Going on all out. Edlebrock rpm intake, rpm heads, 512lift cam, longtubes, underdrives, 70 mm tb, jlt cai, fox body intake conversion, 76mm mass air, x pipe..

i am just oging off my head right now because im sitting in my tech school. I will elaborate later on tonight.

2 ROWDY

Reaction score
car looks good bro!

I'd get full exhaust, cai, underdrive pullies, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, gears, and a chip!

OP
OP
thorco3

thorco3

Reaction score
well full exhaust is going to be finished up next. I've already decided on a full bassani setup. LT's were out of the question, because the car just sits too low. I don't think I will go with UDP's this time around as I was never that pleased with them on my previous car.

Chances are I will pick up another vehicle to take this car off DD status. this way I can take my time on motor mods and such.

and to answer your question scott, I will more than likely go with a "budget" build... but I've been looking into all the options really.

S.O.B.

Reaction score
3.73's and a 61mm turbo and a good tune and say bye bye to any other 94/95 Cobras! Great looking car and the Yellow GTS is probably pretty rare too.

OP
OP
thorco3

thorco3

Reaction score
S.O.B. said:
3.73's and a 61mm turbo and a good tune and say bye bye to any other 94/95 Cobras! Great looking car and the Yellow GTS is probably pretty rare too.

1 of 344 O0

scootin95gts

Reaction score
why did you say that on your last car you lost function of your ac and heat? i got some polished march pullies and my heat works fine as far as ac its deleted but i think its worth the 125 bucks and i bet you can get them for half the price on a classified

OP
OP
thorco3

thorco3

Reaction score
scootin95gts said:
why did you say that on your last car you lost function of your ac and heat? i got some polished march pullies and my heat works fine as far as ac its deleted but i think its worth the 125 bucks and i bet you can get them for half the price on a classified

I didn't completely loose them, they just didn't seem to work near as well. I had nothing else to attribute it to so I imagined it must have been the UDP that I had recently installed. My heater always worked great, but after the UDP it seemed to take much longer to heat up the car... like I said, it just didn't seem to work as well.

Hicks

Reaction score
heads will easily put you in the 99-04 GT power raange

Heads will make all the difrence in that car
that and headers or cam blah bgjkbn

Heads/cam is my 2 cents

that alone should be 250+ if you get decent stuff
if you get realy good stuff 300+
MMFF did that with AFR comp heads and a few bolt ons...
Insane..

cobra4978

Reaction score
thorco3 said:
I'm already set on 3.73's this time around. I had 4.10's in the auto sixxer and but i just don't need that much gear in the 5spd 5.0. After your guys replies i'm thinking about going with either a gt-40 or cobra setup and have already been looking for deals on ebay to see what I can get one for.

again, thanks for the responses guys.

I've got a new question, how about clearance issues. Are you guys running the cobra intakes having any issues clearing a stock hood? How about clearance with any other intakes that you guys know of...?

I might try and pick one up cheap.. and go to town polishing it. One more question... does anybody port and polish the gt40 or cobra manifolds or would it not be worth it or what? flow well enough as is...?? I haven't really found any info about that.

The gt-40 and cobra set ups are the same thing the cobra intakes are pretty much gt 40 intakes just look diffrent they are thicker and can be ported to flow better than the gt-40 intake will the lower intake is the same and the heads are the same just the uppers are diffrent i would save some money and go with the cobra upper and lower combo because it's hard to find an original gt-40 intake without it costing an arm and a leg

scott5

Reaction score
to give ya a lil more power and wouldnt be too expensive would be gt40 heads, gt40 intake, and a e303 cam.. in my opinion and you can get those pretty cheap if you look around

Z28 This

Reaction score
go to a junkyard and find a 97 or 98 explorer and get the gt40p heads off and a explorer intake...the gt40p flow better than gt40 heads(just cause its off a cobra doesnt mean its better) and ive seen explorer intakes flow better than some trickflow intakes....

http://www.stangpro.com/html/articles/gt40p_files/gt40p1.htm

a friend of mine ran with gt40p heads,cam and full bolt ons 12.5s with 4.10s on drs

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online

No members online now.