5.4L Engine Swap

Discussion in '94-04 - V6 Specific' started by Kirko, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Kirko

Kirko New Member

I have a 94 v6. I am wanting to put a v8 in it. Right now I have a 5.4 in mind and need to know what to get. I was told it would be easier and cheaper to put in a 2valve 5.4 instead of a 3valve and I don't know if any of you guys would know. If you would happen to have any links to any articles that I could read about the 5.4 and a 5.4 swap would be nice. I have no clue what I am going to need for this swap either. Would I need a new tranny if I get the 5.4? If any of you could help me out with this and let me know everything you know about this. That would be awesome because I am trying to get a hold of all the information on this that I can to make sure I know what I am doing.

2. scarface

scarface Guest

you will need an intake adapter, and you have to run stock manifolds. Im pretty sure the stock tranny bolts up.

3. phil_the_thrill

phil_the_thrill Active Member

4. Kirko

Kirko New Member

im probably just going to do a 5.0 swap then. and upgrade the engine. the 5.0 should just drop in and no other parts needed right?

5. scarface

scarface Guest

5.0 engine will fit the k member....not sure about the rest though ???

6. driftingmustang

driftingmustang Active Member

can the car handle the engine? my dads friend did an engine swap to a much larger engine without much chassis reinforcement and it ripped in half and kiled him. this was before i was born, and back in the 60's so i dont what car and or engine it was, but it's somthing that stuck out in my mind when i read your topic

7. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

oh hell yes, thats not a issue with mustangs until your makeing BIG TIME POWER, look at the terminator cobras, they are making 6 and 7 hundred hp and running 10's in the quarter with no kind of rebuild on them. Just a cage in most cases for the guys that run them at the track on a normal basis.

8. driftingmustang

i know nothing about the chassis of a 6 cylinder mustang. i awlays had confidence in the 8 cylinder parts, but i always figured the chassis and everything else on a 6cylinder was less sturdy because when you pay for a GT over a regular mustang, you do pay for a stronger chassis, and everything else, or so i think.

9. dapack69

dapack69 New Member

The chassis between the GT and the V6 is identical, except the GT's come with rear sway bars.

10. driftingmustang

oh, i see, thanks for the education.