5.4L Engine Swap

Kirko

Reaction score
I have a 94 v6. I am wanting to put a v8 in it. Right now I have a 5.4 in mind and need to know what to get. I was told it would be easier and cheaper to put in a 2valve 5.4 instead of a 3valve and I don't know if any of you guys would know. If you would happen to have any links to any articles that I could read about the 5.4 and a 5.4 swap would be nice. I have no clue what I am going to need for this swap either. Would I need a new tranny if I get the 5.4? If any of you could help me out with this and let me know everything you know about this. That would be awesome because I am trying to get a hold of all the information on this that I can to make sure I know what I am doing.

S

scarface

you will need an intake adapter, and you have to run stock manifolds. Im pretty sure the stock tranny bolts up.

OP
OP
K

Kirko

Reaction score
im probably just going to do a 5.0 swap then. and upgrade the engine. the 5.0 should just drop in and no other parts needed right?

S

scarface

5.0 engine will fit the k member....not sure about the rest though ???

driftingmustang

Reaction score
can the car handle the engine? my dads friend did an engine swap to a much larger engine without much chassis reinforcement and it ripped in half and kiled him. this was before i was born, and back in the 60's so i dont what car and or engine it was, but it's somthing that stuck out in my mind when i read your topic

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
driftingmustang said:
can the car handle the engine? my dads friend did an engine swap to a much larger engine without much chassis reinforcement and it ripped in half and kiled him. this was before i was born, and back in the 60's so i dont what car and or engine it was, but it's somthing that stuck out in my mind when i read your topic

oh hell yes, thats not a issue with mustangs until your makeing BIG TIME POWER, look at the terminator cobras, they are making 6 and 7 hundred hp and running 10's in the quarter with no kind of rebuild on them. Just a cage in most cases for the guys that run them at the track on a normal basis.

driftingmustang

Reaction score
i know nothing about the chassis of a 6 cylinder mustang. i awlays had confidence in the 8 cylinder parts, but i always figured the chassis and everything else on a 6cylinder was less sturdy because when you pay for a GT over a regular mustang, you do pay for a stronger chassis, and everything else, or so i think.

dapack69

Reaction score
The chassis between the GT and the V6 is identical, except the GT's come with rear sway bars.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online