93 cobra ecu fit a sn95?

94yellagt

Reaction score
I've been told by a few people (including my tuner) that the sn95 computer is not the easiest tune, then someone told me that I can use a 93 cobra ecu. My tuner sais it was cuz my ecu has a slow proccessor but I can increase the speed slightly by replacing a crystal with faster one (higher freq.) Anyone hear of this? Thanks :noes:

ryclef331

Reaction score
Your tuner is talking about an A9L conversion. Its a fox ecu. Its not a straight plug and play setup but it can be done. You've got to move some ecu pins around on your harness and also figure out a new way to control your fans as fox bodies had mechanical fan. As for the crystal swap mod...never heard of it and wouldn't attempt it.

Its not that the 94-95 ecu is slower, its more sensitive and when tuned PROPERLY by a COMPOTENT TUNER, it will run just FINE. Honestly, if your tuner is trying to talk you into going BACKWARDS technology wise and running an older ECU just so he can tune it....I wouldn't be looking for another ECU...I'd be looking for another tuner.

<---Diablosport Chipped factory 94GT ECU tuned by Wayne's Dyno & Performance....for 2 years running

OP
OP

94yellagt

Reaction score
Thanks, I ended up getting a sct for it. getting stuff done this week (tranny, gears,MAF etc) Tuning to be done next week. we'll see how she goes. Thanks a lot for the info. You are a SN95 guru! :dancing6:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sn951992

Members online