For Sale 94-95 GT Black Gauge Face Inserts -No longer selling-

Status
Not open for further replies.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Up for sale is my set of gauge inserts that I've had for a year. These have seen basically no use. I put them on my gauges this time last year, and have been periodically trying to wire them into my mess of a harness. I have up and used some LEDs I had left over from doing other lights in my car... I'd much rather have these than the LEDs but I am just terrible at wiring. Especially with the state my harness is in.
They work. Infact the only time they have been turned on is for the 5 seconds I had them on to take this picture to make sure they worked. As I stated before they sat in my car for a year, basically brand new. I even have the instruction booklet to go with them. Install is simple, pull the cluster out, remove the bezel, pop your needles off, slide these on, reinstall cluster and needles, splice into one wire in your harness, ground the gauges to the dash, and you're all set.
I'll let these go for $35 shipped. They sell for $45 on American Muscle. Can't get a better deal than that for something that is brand new and guaranteed to work instead of there being a chance of getting a faulty one.
D6cOo1R.jpg

T70oEP8.jpg

Also it should be noted these are specific to 94-95 Mustangs due to the RPM changes for years after and other small differences. They will work in 94-98 Mustangs but the numbers are different.

Sent via swagPhone 5.0 using Tapatalk

SVTstang96

Reaction score
If you want to use them let me know. I can get you a diagram direct from ford and circle where to splice them into if you want to use them still

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I had these on my old V6 and I just wired them into one of the OEM backlight bulb sockets. They don't pull much amperage and it worked fine. That way they worked with the factory dimmer switch and didn't require splicing anything.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
If you want to use them let me know. I can get you a diagram direct from ford and circle where to splice them into if you want to use them still
Thanks but someone already looked up the colors of the wires for me because the manual that these gauges come with is for 94-04 gauges and the colors of wires change between years, so I knew what wire to splice to but it is hanging around 20 degrees where I am and I decided to just throw the LEDs in.

I had these on my old V6 and I just wired them into one of the OEM backlight bulb sockets. They don't pull much amperage and it worked fine. That way they worked with the factory dimmer switch and didn't require splicing anything.
How did you wire it to the bulb socket? I thought about that but didn't think it would be enough power... I might do that if these don't end up selling soon..

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I took one of the bulb sockets and soldered the wires to the contacts and then put it back in. Done.
... That's so simple... Its genius... LOL
Def doing that if these don't sell in the next month or so... Pretty happy with my LEDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online