94-95 sequential tail light build

runamuk86

Reaction score
I own ClassicLeds. I do lots of Fox taillights, but have always wanted to do a set of 94-95 sequential taillights. Finally had a chance to try it out. Only half way done(passenger side) and this has been the longest I've ever had to spend on a set of lights. Housing has to be cut with a hot knife to seperate it from the lens. Then the backing plate had to be cut. I ended up running 3 boards as it was easier than 2 for fitment. Hoping to get pictures in the car this weekend to motivate me to get the drivers side done. Check my album for the first video.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190301-235946_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20190301-235946_Video Player.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 40

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea i did it years ago. did one and realized it would be impossible to replace and just a pain to do a 2nd

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
I was really hoping that by now someone would do it with modern light bars, rather than strips of LEDs. I have bad experiences with the strips, as individual diodes would go out. It just looks stupid when that happens. And, with the 94-95 tails, Is prefer that each individual bar was separated from the rest, instead of how it’s currently designed.

But watching your video...
https://www.facebook.com/ClassicLeds/posts/335235880456651/
That’s pretty impressive! Can’t really tell they’re strips. If a diode goes out, I’m not sure it would be noticeable. And you got the bottom to work too. I would have loved the sequentials move upward, rather than out that the 96+ do, but if these could be massed produced, I’d still probably buy a set anyway.