94 auto transslipping.. got 99 5spd.. don't know what to do about wiring need ideas!!

caldeio

Reaction score
Auto trans is slipping, have to rev up high and sometimes it grabs sometimes it doens't. It'll bark the tires when it grabs. The first time I moved the car it seemed to not slip as bad but moving it upward my driveway into my garage was not fun and took forever with no brakes.

have complete 99 to swap over. I want to keep my black dash!
I have no idea where to start on the wiring and my google-fu is not working!

I'll be keeping my fuel tank and have no problem converting the fuel system to return.
I will also swap the 8.8 rearend asap but need a running car first!

I know I have to swap the transmission computer over normally doing a 5spd swap but since it's a 99 to 94, I need the Main Cluster too or do the mod which idk if that's a good idea since I have a complete car.
I'm not sure if this is all compatible either!
I'm gonna start going to town unplugging and plugging in wires and start my car on fire you know :headbang:

lutter94

Reaction score
STOP!!!! Your car doesn't have a transmission computer

The 5 speed doesn't need anything from a computer, I have a 99 T5 in my 94 GT (Auto). You will need a speed cal, but that is it! Your engine ecm in the AODE car will kill the timing when it wants to shift, but a chip can change it. Or buy a 94-95 GT 5 speed ecm (T4M0). I had bought a T4M0 when I did my swap, but ended up using the AODE ECM and a SCT 5500B chip. The dyno guy charged me $20 to set it up as a t4m0, and remove all emission related error codes.

OP
OP
C

caldeio

Reaction score
STOP!!!! Your car doesn't have a transmission computer

The 5 speed doesn't need anything from a computer, I have a 99 T5 in my 94 GT (Auto). You will need a speed cal, but that is it! Your engine ecm in the AODE car will kill the timing when it wants to shift, but a chip can change it. Or buy a 94-95 GT 5 speed ecm (T4M0). I had bought a T4M0 when I did my swap, but ended up using the AODE ECM and a SCT 5500B chip. The dyno guy charged me $20 to set it up as a t4m0, and remove all emission related error codes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-95-94-...SHIP-/182291109060?roken=cUgayN&soutkn=9cIbHe

That and a speedcal? Any you recommend?

That's about 150$$ or deal with the wiring. I think it might be easier for me to do the wiring and use my engine hoist and swap the engine than to do just a plain transmission swap. I wanted to do the splitport swap anyways.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online