94 GT AC & Heat only blow on HIGH

Lawman86

Reaction score
Ok, so I noticed the ac was vacuum actuated on the 5.0, well first off I was only getting heat and cold through the defrost, fixed the issue with the little hose being unhooked from the AC line on the tree. So what gives? Blend door, or what? I was going to look for a blend door before I found out these were vacuum operated, so what do I need to do? It won’t blow hot or cold on low or medium, only high. Someone have a vacuum hose Diag for the 94 5.0? My chiltons don’t have it.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The line is probably cracked and crumbled from the tree in the drivers fender over to the inlet on the passenger side of the firewall. It’s crumbled on pretty much every sn out there.

If you’ve already replaced the entire line then either the line is bad between the firewall and the cluster or you may have a bad switch in the cluster. This also happens. The one that adjust where the air blows is just a vacuum switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Lawman86

Lawman86

Reaction score
The line is probably cracked and crumbled from the tree in the drivers fender over to the inlet on the passenger side of the firewall. It’s crumbled on pretty much every sn out there.

If you’ve already replaced the entire line then either the line is bad between the firewall and the cluster or you may have a bad switch in the cluster. This also happens. The one that adjust where the air blows is just a vacuum switch.

Would it be causing me not to have heat and air in low and medium or would that be a resister near the blower motor?

OP
OP
Lawman86

Lawman86

Reaction score
What do these wires go to? Passenger side fender well coming out of loom?

Attachments

• 6F4610F4-31D7-4C15-8F5E-181D79318FDC.jpeg
    6F4610F4-31D7-4C15-8F5E-181D79318FDC.jpeg
    246.2 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
Lawman86

Lawman86

Reaction score
What vacuum line runs under the manifold on the 94 5.0? It’s the one that runs to that little canister shaped piece with wires going to it? I can’t figure out where under the intake it came from because I’ve got no diagram to show me let alone what that part goes to

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
It goes across the back of the motor to the drivers side where the vac tree is. IF you look behind the intake you will probably see the other broken line.

OP
OP
Lawman86

Lawman86

Reaction score
It goes across the back of the motor to the drivers side where the vac tree is. IF you look behind the intake you will probably see the other broken line.
The one that I broke goes to the evap canister from under the intake. The supply one from the tree goes somewhere else. This one was a factory original softy that had long been past its prime. I gotta find that resister so that way I can test it

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. Yes. And yes. Same happened with my’95. Replaced vac line and bang, done! All functions on the selector work.

OP
OP
Lawman86

Lawman86

Reaction score
I got it figured out. One of the lugs on the 4 wire harness was melted. Got another harness from the pull a part and also robbed the new looking Resistor as well. Got a very nice, arm rest lid not cracked, license plate bulb covers, two like new door pillar plastic pieces all for $4. Got the plug and resistor plugged in and we’re working on all settings. Now to get an alignment on this thing.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I got it figured out. One of the lugs on the 4 wire harness was melted. Got another harness from the pull a part and also robbed the new looking Resistor as well. Got a very nice, arm rest lid not cracked, license plate bulb covers, two like new door pillar plastic pieces all for $4. Got the plug and resistor plugged in and we’re working on all settings. Now to get an alignment on this thing.

Is it switching to all of the different ports correctly now as well?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online