94 mustang idle probs after new motor and H/C/I

urtoast

Reaction score
Just put a new motor in a 94 mustang with tfs stage 1 cam and twisted wedge heads and street heat intake. the car starts and runs but dies won't idle without foot on gas......I know there is a idle relearn to do on these because it idled fine before motor was removed and before disconnecting battery. what are the exact proper steps to do this?? and with all these mods ,I've read about the nightmares with the sn-95's and mods..... will it be okay or will it have to be tuned via a chip?

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
It won't idle well because of the cam, the 94/95 computers are pretty vacuum sensitive. After doing motor work like that you should really look into getting a tune, not only will it run a lot better but you'll make a lot more power and wont run the risk of ruining something.

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
OnyxCobra said:
It won't idle well because of the cam, the 94/95 computers are pretty vacuum sensitive. After doing motor work like that you should really look into getting a tune, not only will it run a lot better but you'll make a lot more power and wont run the risk of ruining something.

In a nut shell thats what you need to do, also if you went with bigger injectors you need to get a maf that is calibrated for that size injector.

ryclef331

Reaction score
It can be set up to idle but its tricky. The learning curve of the ECUs is what will jack your shit up. The OPTIMAL way is a tune though.

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
i just got my car out of the shop after getting trick flow h/c/i bolted on to a freshened block, and they adjusted the TPS sensor and i have
an idle at about 1K. i am planning on getting it tuned however, but i was just saying until you can get it tuned, there are easier alternatives

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online

No members online now.