94 V6 Intake Manifold Interchange

stillboardin

Reaction score
Haven't posted before and did a search but could not find the info but I am hoping this community can help.

I inherited a low mileage 94 convertible from my mother and promptly was introduced to the head gasket issue. While removing the upper intake the front bolt snapped off at the lower intake. I attempted the easy-out but the bolt was welded in so I had to drill out what was left. So now I have two options, 1. Install a Heli coil or 2. find a lower intake at a junk yard or online.

A quick search online turned up a few, but nothing very close to me. Local junkyards are scarce on 94 mustang V6's so I am trying to find out if Ford used the same intake on other cars or other years that could be used. Might open up the pool of availability.

I am not looking to mod this car so a stock intake is all I want at this point.

If anyone can answer I would appreciate it.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You are much more apt to find a 99-00 (I would skip on 01+ because of IMRC's) in a junk yard. If you did, I would snag the heads and both intakes. You'll get about a 40 hp increase, and it would be cheap.

Check into the split port swap, and for junk yard components it would be cheap.

For your original question though, no I do not think any other vehicles used the same lower.

chuckssn95

Reaction score
You are much more apt to find a 99-00 (I would skip on 01+ because of IMRC's) in a junk yard. If you did, I would snag the heads and both intakes. You'll get about a 40 hp increase, and it would be cheap.

Check into the split port swap, and for junk yard components it would be cheap.

For your original question though, no I do not think any other vehicles used the same lower.
So you can get the heads and intake off the 99+ 3.8l and swap them on? Is there a thread on hear of that being done?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's the way I understand it. I've never actually done the swap myself though so I cannot completely attest to it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online