94 V6 Swap

Possessed94

Reaction score
How are you all doing I'm new here. So I'm sure this is a question you all have seen a million times but I'm new to the ford community. I have a 94 Mustang Convertible V6 that I plan on putting a carb'd 5.0 in with a automatic transmission (I'm aware of the 8.8 swap). I know a lot of you guys disagree with this and would have me go with a fuel injected 5.0 but I've made up my mind on this build. My donor engine was pulled from a 91 5.0 and have already done the carb conversion. I intend for it to be somewhat of a daily driver more so weekend warrior, with a lot of time spent at the track mainly being built for the streets.I know that it's a pretty easy swap from research just not sure about which fuel pumps distributors etc. is needed to make sure the build is done correctly. I would appreciate any help that can make this build go smooth, and I'm open to any performance ideas this is my first motor I'm building myself so it's going to be somewhat of a test for me to see how much power I can build on a stock bottom end with a good top end and maybe a 175-200 shot of nitrous. I don't have a lot of money and is in no way a cheapskate that's why I chose this build for now. I already have purchased a e303 cam crane 1.7 rockers plan on pulling a set of gt40p heads and that's all I have mapped out so far so any help would be greatly appreciated.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Alas, I am not familiar with a carb'd setup, so will not be of much assistance. Sorry :(

And for what it's worth, people are pretty laid back here - if you want to carb your car, go for it :) The vast majority of us will not give you grief for it.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yea, this isn't the place where you will get crap for what you do from most people.

There's argument to be made on either side as far as carb or FI.

I won't be of much help though either because I am not as familiar. What are your goals time wise?

OP
OP
P

Possessed94

Reaction score
Thanks for the response and any info or tips you have on a 5.0 would be great

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I go against the grain because fuel injection is better. Carbs are dinosaur technology just like the pushrod 302.

:pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper:

OP
OP
P

Possessed94

Reaction score
Honestly I know that I've read threw enough threads to know majority mustang owners prefer fuel injection lol but like you say I like to go against the grain but do you know anything that can help me

OP
OP
P

Possessed94

Reaction score
Where did you find your gauges and bezel and the rest of everything I'm seeing lol

OP
OP
P

Possessed94

Reaction score
Alas, I am not familiar with a carb'd setup, so will not be of much assistance. Sorry :(

And for what it's worth, people are pretty laid back here - if you want to carb your car, go for it :) The vast majority of us will not give you grief for it.

Yea, this isn't the place where you will get crap for what you do from most people.

There's argument to be made on either side as far as carb or FI.

I won't be of much help though either because I am not as familiar. What are your goals time wise?

I appreciate it im trying to reach mid 7's a good grudge car that's all if possible high high 6's I know that's a lot to ask for lol but anything is possible with the right setup

lutter94

Reaction score

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yes I'm still trying to figure out how to use the forum, it took me some hours to figure out how to post lol. Where did you get the cluster and the gauges from.

Gotcha, no worries ;)

I started a write-up thread (it's still in progress, though just about done). It's located here. I think it has everything you would need to know about installing gauges like these. If you didn't want to do it yourself, you could buy a Florida50 cluster (link here) which is basically a pre-packaged version of what I did. You will still have to do some wiring. And they are more expensive - you save money if you do it yourself.

Take a look at the "What You Will Need" section in my thread to see what gauges I used along with part numbers and stuff.

Let me know if you have any questions!

OP
OP
P

Possessed94

Reaction score
Gotcha, no worries ;)

I started a write-up thread (it's still in progress, though just about done). It's located here. I think it has everything you would need to know about installing gauges like these. If you didn't want to do it yourself, you could buy a Florida50 cluster (link here) which is basically a pre-packaged version of what I did. You will still have to do some wiring. And they are more expensive - you save money if you do it yourself.

Take a look at the "What You Will Need" section in my thread to see what gauges I used along with part numbers and stuff.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks I greatly appreciate that I'm a big fan of your inside and by chance have you met anyone in here running a carb

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks I greatly appreciate that I'm a big fan of your inside and by chance have you met anyone in here running a carb

Thanks! And no, not off the top of my head. I'm pretty sure there are a few folks floating around that do in fact run carbs though. If you are having trouble finding them, maybe start a new thread asking for people with carb info to step in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online