95 GTS ENGINE VIBRATION AND NOISES

MORDENENOUGH

Reaction score
I'm brand new to this so please forgive me. Straight to the point, I need some help. I have a 95 GTS with approx. 85000 miles, it has a new clutch/resurfaced flywheel, a full tune up plugs wires cap rotor, a brand new harmonic balancer and when I bring the rpm's up over 1500 I start to feel a vibration. It is noticeable in neutral as well... so not u joints. The balancer was bad so it was changed. That helped alot, but did not cure all. The clutch was changed because it had a bad throw out bearing so I used a borg warner cobra replacement, heavy duty throw out and pilot bearings. My only thoughts are that either the motor mounts are toast or maybe something wrong with the bellhousing alignment... Any thought's or suggestions would be appreciated. This is driving me mad!!!!

The other mods to the car are flowmaster exhaust, bbk equal length shorties and mac h pipe with cats. I've redone all the suspension with UPR caster camber plates, poly bushings everywhere and tokico illumina's.

OP
OP
M

MORDENENOUGH

Reaction score
It sounds to me like a chugging sound but a bit high pitched. I thought maybe a leaking intake gasket. Now the vibration and noise are more noticeable when in fourth or fifth gear on the highway and you put your foot on the floor. At cruise as long as you keep the rpm's down you don't notice these problems as much. When it idles nothing out of the ordinary but snap the throttle and as the rpm's come down the vibration shows up. Now someone said maybe the motor mounts are bad, I have new prothane;s but haven't got them in yet but I do have a energy suspension tranny mount already on the car. Do you think this is causing the vibration? Now the oil pressure is good and no engine codes and a full tune has been done, the other possible item I thought of was a header or cat bouncing off or close to the floor but I haven't been able to find any marks to show this. Any advise would be appreciated.

916_5.0

Reaction score
Im going to say it is probably your motor mounts my car vibrated like crazy when my stock ones broke everyhting vibrates, check them soon though cause if they break really bad you header can start to hit he k member and can get dented my started to touch. Then i put on poly mounts and problem was solved. I have heard though also that the engery suspension poly mount makes stuff vibrate really bad on some peoples cars.

tkelley24

Reaction score
Did you replace the pilot bearing when you changed the clutch? If that goes out it will cause a bad vibration too. I've also seen pressure plates that had a bad balance to them.

TK

OP
OP
M

MORDENENOUGH

Reaction score
Thanks, Guys for all your advice. I'm going to do the motor mounts for sure in the next week and see where I'm at. I did notice that the header on the passenger side was a little close to the K member. I did put in a new pilot bearing, even the ford motorsport version from the FRPP catalogue. Now I noticed today that in neutral with the clutch released the vibration was slightly more noticeable then when the pedal was depressed if that offers any more clues. I'm beginning to suspect the pressure plate in not balanced or that when the flywheel was cleaned up maybe the machine work was subpar.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online

No members online now.