95 Supercharged H/C/I Dyno results ( some interested results )

Mrstangerbanger

Reaction score
Well car ran out of fuel pressure at only 4800 rpms .. The tuner says Im pretty much ****ed because the car is going to make well over what my 42lb injectors can handle so after my car is done getting painted all go through the fuel system and get everything working and Im not going to install a bigger supercharger pulley Im going to stay with the 3.33 and if it makes 13psi o well..

Keep in mind it made this power at only 12 degrees of total timing also lol lol .. Cars going to make well over 500 rwhp its hasnt even seen its peak tq yet..

here is the dyno run and you can see it made 10psi and we shut it down at 4800rpm
1995 supercharger mustang - YouTube

RichV

Reaction score
Well, you really don't want to push a whole lot more out of a stock bottom end anyway.

Just the added RPM once you figure out the fuel will bump the power in the danger zone for a factory 5.0 block.

It has to be some kind of obstruction in the fuel system. Clogged filter, maybe a pinched line, that's what I'd start looking for. What 255 pump do you have? Is it a high pressure 255?

OP
OP
Mrstangerbanger

Mrstangerbanger

Reaction score
I have no clue I remember it was a 255 pump thou.. Im going to start looking over the car today and see if I have something wrong.. Worst case all have to buy new pump i guess i have no clue ..

ProKiller

Reaction score
i won't put a bigger a pulley on there. lot of guys are making 500rwhp without problems. will it last forever? probably not, but you already have a boss sitting around so what does it matter. figure out why you're loosing fuel pressure on the top end and enjoy the car. and i'm sure you know, but there is no correlation between pulley size and max boost. boost is only a measure of restriction.

RichV

Reaction score
I've used the GSS340 Walbro in a few cars with good luck, it's a high pressure pump. Said to be better for boosted EFI applications, should support your HP level no problem.

But yea, I'd look for kinked lines or something obvious 1st.

OP
OP
Mrstangerbanger

Mrstangerbanger

Reaction score
Yea I understand what boost is but I dont want to have to buy new injectors and re tune my car again lol .. I want to keep the 42lb injectors and thats where the problem is ... The car is going to make more power then injectors can take and if the car is making that at only 12degrees of timing its going to be well over 500rwhp with 15 or more degrees of timing so im trying to work it were the car makes closer to 460rwhp were the injectors are not riding on the edge..

OP
OP
Mrstangerbanger

Mrstangerbanger

Reaction score
i won't put a bigger a pulley on there. lot of guys are making 500rwhp without problems. will it last forever? probably not, but you already have a boss sitting around so what does it matter. figure out why you're loosing fuel pressure on the top end and enjoy the car. and i'm sure you know, but there is no correlation between pulley size and max boost. boost is only a measure of restriction.

What size pulley are you running and how much boost are you seeing ? Also how much max timing ?

ProKiller

Reaction score
What size pulley are you running and how much boost are you seeing ? Also how much max timing ?

2.95" pulley and i can't say i really look at the boost gauge and notice how much i hit up in the RPMs. i've seen it hit 11lbs at one point but that was with my old edelbrock heads. The AFRs, i don't know. As far as timing, not sure how you mean max timing. I set the base timing to 10* and then use my PMS to adjust it accordingly. haven't really retuned it yet with the AFRs. it pulls decently with a good A/F until about 4k then just makes noise. i need to add more timing up top.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
no correlation between pulley size and boost? wont a smaller pulley always give more boost? if not then that's a new one.

ProKiller

Reaction score
no correlation between pulley size and boost? wont a smaller pulley always give more boost? if not then that's a new one.

perhaps i could have been more clear. a pulley size does not equal a set boost amount. a 3.33" pulley doesn't equal 10lbs. on every single engine. it all depends on your flow rates and how much restriction you have. yes you could say going from a 3.33" to a 2.95 generally will yield you 2 more pounds, but again that's not a rule.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
You have QH catalog and see the injec duty cycle.. You'll know if your maxed out.. You prob need atleast the high press 255. Buy i would go with the 340lph. Especially since your going to upgrade to the boss block..

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Sounds like you need more fuel...BAP maybe?

I had issues with my car running out of fuel around 400 rwhp with a 255/42 lbers...my tuner always said I just had bad lucky and that my stock fuel lines were probably the issue.

Either way, wouldnt fuel pressure dropping mean your pump isnt keeping up?

OP
OP
Mrstangerbanger

Mrstangerbanger

Reaction score
Look let me explain this for people lol .. 42lb injectors are good for 450rwhp to 470rwhp max .. my car is making 400rwhp and 430tq at only 4800 rpm so the problem is with the 3.33 pulley im making way to much boost and need a bigger pulley to lower boost because thr car will make well over 500rwhp..

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Mrstangerbanger

Mrstangerbanger

Reaction score
2.95" pulley and i can't say i really look at the boost gauge and notice how much i hit up in the RPMs. i've seen it hit 11lbs at one point but that was with my old edelbrock heads. The AFRs, i don't know. As far as timing, not sure how you mean max timing. I set the base timing to 10* and then use my PMS to adjust it accordingly. haven't really retuned it yet with the AFRs. it pulls decently with a good A/F until about 4k then just makes noise. i need to add more timing up top.

What max timing means is how much max timing your running at max load at max rpm ? Thats why I learned to tune my own car so I know these things ..

OP
OP
Mrstangerbanger

Mrstangerbanger

Reaction score
perhaps i could have been more clear. a pulley size does not equal a set boost amount. a 3.33" pulley doesn't equal 10lbs. on every single engine. it all depends on your flow rates and how much restriction you have. yes you could say going from a 3.33" to a 2.95 generally will yield you 2 more pounds, but again that's not a rule.

I know all about how boost works . I dont think you are getting whatbim asking but thank .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superman3872

Members online