95 update alwill923

alwill923

Reaction score
I have not posted since 2014. Time flies. Just some of the things I have done:
#1 It is not a muscle car without a hurst shifter. I am just old school. Fits well and clears everything. I have addressed this in an old thread.
#2 Made a rear spoiler. Some may not like it but it is different and you can not buy one.
#3 Installed spintech mufflers with side discharge. Had to with the spoiler I made. Love the spintech mufflers and products, not cheap. Sounds great with the AFR 165 aluminum heads and E303 cam. I did not get the stainless steel mufflers. Only stainless steel is the oval pipe that sticks out the side. It is a problem with the subframe connectors as the pipe has to go under them. I do not like the look of the oval pipe that exists the side. I am thinking of making something else. A flatter wider pipe. It would look better but would only pick up maybe 3/4" clearance to the ground under the subframe connectors.
#4 Installed Maximum Motorsports 4 point roll cage (no back seat). Made the car very much stiffer, would recommend. Other MM items installed in other old threads.
#5 Removed "running boards" (side skirts) and rear spoiler. Just more plastic that does nothing. I think car looks much better without them.
#6 Installed the GT tubular manifold with the AFR 165's (58cc chambers). Just like the look. With the E303 cam it makes lots of torque low to mid range. Good street car. One of these days will take to track, should get in the 13's if I know how to drive it right. 3.73 gears, Mosser axles. Waiting to install a drive shaft safety restraint. Bottom end is stock. CR is 9.6.

Attachments

• IMG_1093.jpg
    IMG_1093.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC00279.JPG
    DSC00279.JPG
    256 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC00280.JPG
    DSC00280.JPG
    247.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0953.jpg
    IMG_0953.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0955.jpg
    IMG_0955.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1087.jpg
    IMG_1087.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1088.jpg
    IMG_1088.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 22

tinnocker

Reaction score
I kind of like your diffuser. You did a good job of building it and making it fit. I have read some bad reports on the Hurst shifter. I am old and old school and a hot rod wasn't a hot rod without a Hurst shifter, no Foxcraft for me. See I told you I was old. How do you like your Hurst?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I just sold my hurst because I went to a t56. My only complaint was that if I downshifted to 2nd it sometimes liked to pop out.

joemomma

Reaction score
I kind of like your diffuser. You did a good job of building it and making it fit. I have read some bad reports on the Hurst shifter. I am old and old school and a hot rod wasn't a hot rod without a Hurst shifter, no Foxcraft for me. See I told you I was old. How do you like your Hurst?

No complaints from me on the Hurst (previous owner installed it). With that being said, were I to purchase new, I'd go with a Pro5.0 or a Steeda Tri-Ax. I had a Pro5.0 on my '99 and liked it better (worth noting that was on a T45 and not a T5).

OP
OP
A

alwill923

Reaction score
Copy of my thread from 2014. I just installed the hurst bar on the steeda shifter. I did have to modify the console for it to fit. This was in 2014 so I do not remember exactly what I did. I think I used a Cobra leather shifter boot and make the boot retainer out of aluminum.

"I installed a steeda short throw shifter in the past. It works good but I wanted a longer shift handle. I purchased from summit a hurst flat bar stick part #5380015. and the 1.75 ball with the 3/8-16 thread. GREAT WHAT A DIFFERENCE I highly recommend this modification. It is much easier to shift the car, The 1.75 ball is very comfortable. And it looks old school and cool."

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
did ya do the metal work yourself? I am impressed. I think there are two of us know that have made our own diffuser. My only complaint here is that it will suck to drop the tank if the pump goes or the filler neck starts leaking but that is the same with mine. I built mine out of carbon fiber into the bottom of the tank cover and to remove it with out scratching it is a PIA but that is the price we pay to look cool.

OP
OP
A

alwill923

Reaction score
Yes I did the metal work myself. Took me about 3 months with work. As you can see it consists mostly of flat plates. I like the rivets. The only curve pieces are on each end side. I did them with a hammer and sandbag. If I had an english wheel I could have done a better job. I got it as smooth as possible and smoothed out with body filler to cover the hammer marks. I do not have metal working tools. Yes dropping the tank would be very difficult. I just like to make things and be different.

Please post a picture of your diffuser.

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Lots of cool things going on with that car. I want to see a better picture of that steering wheel.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yes I did the metal work myself. Took me about 3 months with work. As you can see it consists mostly of flat plates. I like the rivets. The only curve pieces are on each end side. I did them with a hammer and sandbag. If I had an english wheel I could have done a better job. I got it as smooth as possible and smoothed out with body filler to cover the hammer marks. I do not have metal working tools. Yes dropping the tank would be very difficult. I just like to make things and be different.

Please post a picture of your diffuser.
looking at it I could see how it came together was not that difficult but I know the devils are in the details and there are a million little curves/details to take care of. I would be proud of it like I am mine. I have not got it out to a show yet but I am waiting for the day I have people behind the car looking up her skirt...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online