95 v6 to v8 swap back again.

sn95gtvert

Reaction score
a little bit about this car. the drive train came from my friends 94gt he totaled it into a tree. we gutted that thing and put it all into a 95 v6. the motor is out of an lx fox its a 306 e303 cam 1.7 roller rockers. victor jr heads powerdyne running 11psi for now. it has 4.10 rear end gears. a t56 6 speed with 0.50 overdrive front mount intercooler bov and bypass valve (we havent figured out what one will work best for the blower) 42# injectors, ported gt40 lower intake, downs box upper, fox throttle body swap, valve train gurdle, main cap gurdle, high volume oil pump and some more crap i cant remember.

downsized_0417001457.jpg

downsized_0417001458.jpg

downsized_0417001458a.jpg

custom bellhousing
downsized_0417001459.jpg

downsized_0417001505.jpg

this thing should move, but it seems like its taking forever to put back together. its ran with 3 differnt combos this is the newest of them. my friend that owns it is looking into a paxton or vortec. then he will kick me down the powerdyne for cheap since i've done a lot of the work on his car.

CompOrangeSN95

Reaction score
that is insane, sounds like a frankenstein car to me, but you're right when you say it will move :thumbsup: good luck with it

OP
OP
S

sn95gtvert

Reaction score
thanks comporange.
it took a little under 2 years from the totaling of the gt to get the v8 swap done the first time. (paint and bodywork as well) we just unloaded it today from the trailer, my friend is moving from salt lake to Boise in a few weeks so for now its chillin at his parents house in Idaho. now I'm still house sitting for them. there are 3 mustangs out side. my 5.0 vert, his 4.6 auto vert. and this monster cocktail 5.0

once he finds a place with a shop up in Boise we plan on pulling the engine back out and doing a wire tuck. it also has a quick ratio steering rack tubular kmember ford springs and full exhaust.

im tempted to pull the powerdyne off put the 6psi pully on and put it on my car with the fmu and play around out here. i wonder if he would be mad lol.

shelbe67

Reaction score
how are you guys gona run the tubing from the blower to the intercooler? looks pretty cool cant wait to see it done

OP
OP
S

sn95gtvert

Reaction score
to the intercooler wont be the problem. the issue with this blower right now is that the impeller inlet is so close the the valve cover theres only about 1/2 of room so we have to figure out a costum setup for a filter.

shelbe67

Reaction score
im curious to see how you get the outlet of the blower to the intercoller because I have a vortech id like to put an intercooler on. cant you clock the blower a little maybe that will help you with clearance? I was able to do that with my s trim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online