'96 Cobra -- New Laser Red Paint!

switch96

Reaction score
Got it back yesterday :headbang: Cost a pretty penny, had it painted by the gentleman who painted my dad's '69 428 SCJ Mach 1. But it was TOTALLY worth it. They now make a base-clear Laser Red instead of a tri-coat Laser Red, which kept costs a little lower, and won't fade in the long run. I don't honestly know how Laser Red is supposed to look (this car was quite faded when I bought it in January). The color is slightly darker than my door jambs and has more metal flake than I expected. Enjoy :eek:ccasion14:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Eddie Z

Reaction score
The Cobra is facing the wrong way. Looks sweet other wise.

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
Thats a pretty damn good thing they have it as a base/clear now..... Hmmm I smell saved money in my air... lol I need a repaint bad so this is great news...

OP
OP
S

switch96

Reaction score
I believe materials were $400-$500 vs. $900.

And the Cobra was like that when I bought it. The other side faces the front of the car. Which means they can't point the same direction. Can anyone provide some clarity?

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
Looks great!! I sure can't wait to get my freshly painted Laser Red back! Great to see what mine will look like! Mine will have the original stuff though.

BlkoutGT

Reaction score
Thats probably the first or one of the few times ive seen a lazer red stang and liked the color. Looks excellent!

rio94

Reaction score
the emblems have a left and a right side someone has put 2 pass side emblems on your car

ThePope

Reaction score
Paint looks great. Get some nice wheels and a drop and call it a day!!

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Get that cobra emblem for the front end, looks like something is missing! beautiful paint!!! :drool:

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
that's a good color. but now technically it's not laser red now. it should have been closer to the color of the door jams and under the trunk.

OP
OP
S

switch96

Reaction score
Thanks for all the compliments. I think the Cobra makes it unique lol.

Those who want to get into technicalities can enjoy not being able to tell the difference between my "fake" Laser Red paint and "real" Laser Red paint :thumbsup:.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
all i'm saying laser red is a more sought after color. and if you paid the guy to paint it laser red and it's not anywhere close to that as evidenced in the door jams well it's a half assed job. if the color is that different than the door, trunk, and hood jams should have been painted the same color. but like i said it is a nice color

OP
OP
S

switch96

Reaction score
I said slightly different. Not "not anywhere close". As in you can tell the difference where the 13 year old paint in the door jambs meet the 1 week old paint.

If your argument is that it's not the exact color that it was originally painted, I would agree. Just as any repaint wont be the EXACT same color.

I'll be happy to post a picture tomorrow and put this matter to rest.

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
I think we all need to leave your car alone!! It looks great! I hate how certain members always turn what you thought was great into this crap!! You paid for it, not us. Everybody needs to shut the hell up. If you like your car, that's all that matters! I love this site, but we've got some a-holes!!

OP
OP
S

switch96

Reaction score
Haha, thanks 1ST. It is a little disheartening to have to argue over the color of my door jambs when I just dropped $3,200 on the best paintjob you can buy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online