96 Gt rear wheels lock up while in reverse

Cornfedgt

Reaction score
As the title states my rear wheels lock up when I go into reverse on my dd. I've been looking all over Google and the Internet all night but have nothing to show but theories. The car drives perfect going forward but acts like it hit a wall in reverse. Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is that your rear pads and biting into the rotor and not releasing. On my car, they sometimes catch but always release. The reason for not releasing could be any of: pads installed wrong, rear calipers not releasing, ebrake not releasing.

Does this happen after you use the ebrake?

OP
OP
Cornfedgt

Cornfedgt

Reaction score
I don't use the e brake as it's an auto but I discovered the bolts that hold the caliper on the knuckle have disappeared.

07GtS197

Reaction score
I see you posted on here and modded lol.

My sisters charger had one of her caliper bolts fall off on the front drivers side and it would grind going forward. Glad you got it figured out so easily!

OP
OP
Cornfedgt

Cornfedgt

Reaction score
Lol yessir. I prefer here over modded personally. I stopped by my buddies house to ask him what he thought and the caliper was at the 4:00 position on the rotor lol.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Yea its died over the past year or so. Theres a lot more traffic here but less new threads. Im usually on modded or crownvic.net but I stop by here too. The peep on sn95 are so much nicer than a lot of other forums Ive been on or just reading threads on other forums.

Im glad you got it figured out though. Hopefully it didnt do too much damage.

OP
OP
Cornfedgt

Cornfedgt

Reaction score
Agreed.

It wasn't bad. One pad looked kind of funky but everything went back on no problems and stops just fine so should be good to go.

Reaction score
I don't use the e brake as it's an auto but I discovered the bolts that hold the caliper on the knuckle have disappeared.

Well that's lovely...lol I remember one time when I was still in college I was rushing to the city to get to class for a final and I was hard braking on the road and one of my caliper bolts disappeared and the caliper was grinding the inside of the stock rim (I would have cried if it were my FRfs)

OP
OP
Cornfedgt

Cornfedgt

Reaction score
Well that's lovely...lol I remember one time when I was still in college I was rushing to the city to get to class for a final and I was hard braking on the road and one of my caliper bolts disappeared and the caliper was grinding the inside of the stock rim (I would have cried if it were my FRfs)

I hear ya there man. I'm doing a wheel bearing on my cobra right now and I hope the same shit doesn't happen to my FRs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevBott

Members online