96 mystic cobra

tachicardia

Reaction score
I've been browsing the forum for some helpful posts for a bit and finally joined. Thanks for all the info on this forum, it has been very useful in some of the troubleshooting I've been doing on the 'new' mystic cobra we bought.

Here she is, #1981. The car's original owner was family, we are the 2nd owners. She has just over 25K miles and has largely sat in storage for the last 10-16 years.

2016-08-02-11-21-41_zpsdh48nz2y.jpg

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
I've been browsing the forum for some helpful posts for a bit and finally joined. Thanks for all the info on this forum, it has been very useful in some of the troubleshooting I've been doing on the 'new' mystic cobra we bought.

Here she is, #1981. The car's original owner was family, we are the 2nd owners. She has just over 25K miles and has largely sat in storage for the last 10-16 years.

2016-08-02-11-21-41_zpsdh48nz2y.jpg

Welcome! Cool to hear your getting her back on the road. I can only imagine after 16 years of sitting the things that needed to be replaced or fixed but once you get her right it will be totally worth it! Congrats and welcome to the site! What are your plans for the car?

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Welcome fellow mystic owner , nice find . I'm started my to restore mine as soon as the tags expire in a few weeks .

1bad95

Reaction score
Welcome! Congrats on the purchase! Car looks mint!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

tachicardia

Reaction score
beautiful car, now mod the hell out of it!!

Thanks, that's the plan!

Welcome! Cool to hear your getting her back on the road. I can only imagine after 16 years of sitting the things that needed to be replaced or fixed but once you get her right it will be totally worth it! Congrats and welcome to the site! What are your plans for the car?

So far so good. I got her running and have been making a list of all the things that have gone wrong - despite the low mileage. I was surprised how many things needed to get fixed just from sitting. Luckily it was garaged and kept in a bubble so it was pretty well protected. Plans... that is the question! At the very least headers, exhaust, CAI, 4.1 gears, wheels/tires and tint. I think, for now, it will stay mostly stock (I know that plan will change soon enough!).

That must be quite a time machine

Yes it is! Now if only I could get the funky storage smell out of the carpets/interior...

Welcome fellow mystic owner , nice find . I'm started my to restore mine as soon as the tags expire in a few weeks .

Awesome, good luck!

for real, thats pretty awesome

It still had the 90's hardwired cell phone installed! I tried to make a call but it didn't work. Haha!

Welcome! Congrats on the purchase! Car looks mint!

Yea, it's in great shape. It needs a good detail but other than that it's good to go. It even had the undercarriage coating so the undercarriage is pretty much rust free.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Thats awesome man! Sounds like a great starter plan! The exhaust is a must and the rest will really wake her up. and lol at the hardwired cell phone. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online