96 Mystic Detail (56K Not a chance)

St33da

Reaction score
Went over to a buddies house today and pampered the Mystic. I would first like to give a big thanks to Mike for his help. Now onto the steps.

First was a good wash and dry. Next we clayed the entire car, which took a full 80 gram clay bar. After claying, due to the heavy swirls in the paint, we ended up using PB SSR 2.5 with an orange pad to pull most of them out. Then we used PB Pro Polish followed up with some PB EX Sealant. We was going to try some PB Black Hole Glaze, but we got started late and ran out of time. Once the Sealant cures, I will be applying 2 coats of PB Nattys Blue followed by 2 coats of Nattys Red Wax. All in all I am very pleased with how the Cobra looks now. The colors seem to be more noticeable, and it doesnt look like a 190k mile car anymore :headbang:

DSC_0125.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0127.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0117.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg

DSC_0119.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

DSC_0129.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Seriously, CLEAN THE TAILPIPES!!!

Window Cleaner + #0000 Steel Wool will clean off all the crap, then follow up with your favorite Metal Polish!!!

Look how these tips came out on a Customers Car I did.

IMG_3095Small.jpg

IMG_3101Small.jpg

IMG_3104Small.jpg

det_riot

Reaction score
Simply amazing car! Looks great man, can't wait to see it out this year! Telegraph is the 24th of this month, just a heads up ;]

F

FullThrottleStangs

02GT said:
:( makes me miss my mystic. Great job on the detail. Looks like a new car!

i would have NEVER gotten rid of a mystic if i had one.

looks AMAZING hopefully i can get the same results out of my car

OP
OP
S

St33da

Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
Great Job.... Looks amazing!!!

coming from you, i will take that as a huge compliment.

javi said:
Looks very good.

clean the tailpipes.
SRT Handz said:
Seriously, CLEAN THE TAILPIPES!!!

Window Cleaner + #0000 Steel Wool will clean off all the crap, then follow up with your favorite Metal Polish!!!

The tailpipes are on the list of stuff that I still need to do, thanks for the tip, I will give it a shot this weekend.

det_riot said:
Simply amazing car! Looks great man, can't wait to see it out this year! Telegraph is the 24th of this month, just a heads up ;]

I will be there

got5.0

Reaction score
great looking car, the only thing I would do would be a small rear spacer... Thats it though. Nice bunch of cars in the driveway too, must be nice to hang with stang people!

det_riot

Reaction score
St33da said:
det_riot said:

I will be there

Legit, let me know next week sometime when/where you'll be down there!

95eg6p

Reaction score
She looks really good. How long did it take? I do detailing for a living.

OP
OP
S

St33da

Reaction score
95eg6p said:

Took 5 hours from start to wiping off the sealant. Then I let the sealant cure for 24 hours before starting on the wax with 12 hours between each coat of wax to get a nice layer effect. Honestly I am not sure if it makes a difference waiting 12 hours between each coat of wax, but to me it seems like I would just be smearing it into the previous layer if I did them back to back.

95eg6p

Reaction score
St33da said:
95eg6p said:

Took 5 hours from start to wiping off the sealant. Then I let the sealant cure for 24 hours before starting on the wax with 12 hours between each coat of wax to get a nice layer effect. Honestly I am not sure if it makes a difference waiting 12 hours between each coat of wax, but to me it seems like I would just be smearing it into the previous layer if I did them back to back.
[/
St33da said:
95eg6p said:

That seem about right and yeah I do the same 24hr then the 12hrs after thing too. I like to think it's doing something. lol

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
I never would have guessed it has 190,000 miles! Looks like new. I just noticed you are from Indy, I am about 20-30 minutes north of downtown.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online