97-98 Tailpipes original

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
I am thinking about taking my Roush Side exhaust off and going back to the original tailpipes out the back. Anyone have a set from the mid-pipe all the way out the back factory tailpipes they want to sell?

Jake

ReplicaR

Reaction score
How much for the Roush side exhaust? What does it look like currently?

OP
OP
Jakespeeds

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
I was not really thinking about selling it just yet. Or at all. I had the skirts stripped and repainted black with the correct type paint. There will be some scrapes because of the cars height. The last alignment shop did a couple of scrapes in the oddest place on the passenger side. The tips and mufflers are 100 percent perfect like original. Car is always garaged and covered. It only sees about 3 - 4K miles a year. Not a clue what this stuff is even worth. I know what I paid 5 years ago for everything. I was going to wait till I got the original type tail pipes back on and decided if I was going to leave it or not.

Jake

Blueraz_5.0

Reaction score
I might have a set in the future, but I'm not pulling mine until I do my full-custom exhaust system I have planned. unhelpful currently, sorry, but thought I'd throw it out there for the future

OP
OP
Jakespeeds

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
You never know. I may still be looking then. I am going to have to modify it somewhat anyways because of my panhard bar. I also want to use Borla XS mufflers. Kind of why I don't want to buy a brand new system. But I will if I have to. I am right by the Borla R&D facility. They did the exhaust on my 70 as a prototype. I am trying to get them to do my 98 also. Hard to believe but they do not offer an SN95 exhaust system.

Jake

dwcopple

Reaction score
Flowmaster 2.5" tailpipes are relatively cheap at $149ish shipped

dwcopple

Reaction score
... And look better than the 2.25" stockers. It's surprising how much of a difference just that additional 1/4" in diameter makes.
I don't know about that. My stock tailpipes are like 3" outlet and polished. The FM pipes are constant diameter

OP
OP
Jakespeeds

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
I'm not the most computer literate person. But can someone show me a link where I can buy the tailpipes for a 98 from Flowmaster without their mufflers?

Jake

joemomma

Reaction score
LMR also sells stockish-looking tailpipes. I think they're 2.5".

OP
OP
Jakespeeds

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
The only tailpipe only option I saw on there stopped at 97. Seems kind of weird. No one there knows why. I might just have to order those and take my chances. Especially since one will need to be modified a bit to go by the panhard bar. And the only stuff on Ebay comes with mufflers. I want to use Borla mufflers.

Jake

dwcopple

Reaction score
The only tailpipe only option I saw on there stopped at 97. Seems kind of weird. No one there knows why. I might just have to order those and take my chances. Especially since one will need to be modified a bit to go by the panhard bar. And the only stuff on Ebay comes with mufflers. I want to use Borla mufflers.

Jake

OP
OP
Jakespeeds

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
I think I would go LMR before those ebay units. They just don't look right. I know I could modify them to get them looking right. But the LMR units are already so close.

Jake

OP
OP
Jakespeeds

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
How much for the Roush side exhaust? What does it look like currently?
So I am going to remove the side exhaust. Probably in the next couple of weeks. Don't know where you are located but I would rather not ship it. I know what I have into it. I have no idea what it would be worth. I paid 565.00 for the skirts. 780.00 for the actual exhaust with tips. The strip an paint with correct paint was 600.00. The skirts are real Roush items not repops. The mufflers are the correct Magnaflow units. And everything is in great shape. But I will take pictures once its all removed.

Jake

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah