97_281gt build/project thread

97_281gt

Reaction score
ok so i so i bought this car about a month ago and i figured id start a build thread on it.its a 1997 gt 4.6 5 speed xpipe and flowdaddy mufflers some crappy cut springs and staggered white saleens. dont know what plans i have for it kinda just upgrading and fixing stuff as i go.

heres the night i brought her home
20140516_224857_zps6a793fea.jpg

of course the first thing i do to any sn95 is remove the wing lol

OP
OP
97_281gt

97_281gt

Reaction score
so i guess the first mod if you wanna call it is add some white led courtesy lights under the dash the tag light and the trunk waiting for my white dome led dome light to come in to finish it all up

a week or so later i got my hands on a black wingless trunk for 60 bucks with fresh paint on it

next i picked up a set of 99-04 pbr dual piston calipers for $20 should be a nice but cheap brake upgrade

i sanded them down and gave them a fresh coat of black paint cause im not a huge fan of red

tried to show a campairson of how much bigger the new dual piston calipers are not really that great of a pic lol

then today i found a nice little score on craigslist upr front coil overs with lakewood drag shocks upr cc plates and steeda rear springs all for $100! like 600 bucks worth of stuff

time to get rid of the cut springs and worn struts in the front
before

after
a8enuteb.jpg

after i got it all installed i wanted to see how low the car would go

i wish i could have kept it that low but the strut was bottoming out i guess i need a stiffer spring to do that?
any way so i raised the car up this is how she sits now

i want it to be just a tad bit lower next time i take the wheels of im gonna drop it a tad more
still also need to install rear springs

after installing the coilovers i noticed how bad my ball joints and bushings really were(knocking and squeaking really loud) so i put in a order for tubular qa1 a arms with new bushings and ball joints

hopefullythey will show up before my ball joints blow out

OP
OP
97_281gt

97_281gt

Reaction score
Thanks

Kickin Ass And Takin Names Using Tapatalk

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Damn $100 for the suspension parts is a steal... Nothing like that pops up in my area, and if it does they want what it costs new. Good build

OP
OP
97_281gt

97_281gt

Reaction score
Damn $100 for the suspension parts is a steal... Nothing like that pops up in my area, and if it does they want what it costs new. Good build
Yea when I went to pick it up the guy was like yea I was gonna throw it all away and I was like I'm glad I came and got it and thanks

OP
OP
97_281gt

97_281gt

Reaction score
Get out of here

OP
OP
97_281gt

97_281gt

Reaction score
So I got my control arms in the mail last night

jydy3a6u.jpg

I spent a few hours today installing them car rides and handles 100 times better now

yradubem.jpg

Here how much rust was chillin in the a arms haha it's pretty bad had a nice pile on the ground when I was done

pyjygyde.jpg

And last but not least why my ball joints were knocking and squeaking so loud

amazu4y6.jpg

OP
OP
97_281gt

97_281gt

Reaction score
Picked up some led bulbs out of a trade in at my job so I put them as rev lights I think they look way better

8edahupy.jpg

ezegaveq.jpg

vy8yqa6u.jpg

Not bad For free lol

OP
OP
97_281gt

97_281gt

Reaction score
Havent done much to the car lately just had a magnaglow magnapack cat back made for it and it sounds amazing now and ordered a mach 1 chin spolier, sequential tail lights, and front and rear drilled and slotted rotors to fix my squeaky ass brakes and finally instaill the calipers

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Havent done much to the car lately ordered a mach 1 chin spolier, sequential tail lights, and front and rear drilled and slotted rotors to fix my squeaky ass brakes and finally instaill the calipers
That mach1 chin will make it look amazing! Oh and your pictures from your last post aren't showing up. You can go back and edit the post and put the link for the pics between the image brackets:

OP
OP
97_281gt

97_281gt

Reaction score
Got the chin spoiler installed

u5enyje8.jpg

7usurebu.jpg

This weekend im gonna install the dual pistion calipers and new rotors to stop all my squeaking and sequential tail lights to top it all off

OP
OP
97_281gt

97_281gt

Reaction score
Lights came in a day early cant beat that. Also installed them

ybenyjed.jpg

dutuqymu.jpg

be5erene.jpg

Its the little things that make the car look better imo :cool:

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
are the seq. tails also led bulbs? they look bright af lol. that chin spoiler really makes a huge difference on a gt front bumper!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online