98' GT bbk h-pipe w/stock manifold exhaust leak

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Sad thing is they charge the hell out us
Whenever you send that part back your waiting for them to send you a replacement
I got the ass at one company I won't mention any names but I was hot
it was for a customer
We were waiting and waiting just to find out they don't have the part to send they never had it

TheOdessa

Reaction score

That's pretty sad. It won't cause a leak as the outside weld is tight but come on. It wouldn't be enough to drive me insane because stock manifolds are designed for 2.25" and the pipe is 2.5" but still.

I was never a fan of the BBK X pipe anyway. Something about the clam shell X design they use versus a traditional design made all my exhausts sound like pissed off bees at certain RPMs. To take it even further I was never a fan of X pipes in general. Too raspy, not as loud, and the tone wasn't deep enough for me.

I see you have kooks long tubes in the plans. What mid pipe and cat back are you pairing it with?

I have BBK ceramic coated long tubes with a BBK H pipe with Magnaflow metallic spun cats welded in attached to Borla Stingers. I have an O/R VRS X pipe designed for the long tubes and hated it. I put on the H pipe without cats and it was 100x better in my book but there was a trumpeting or farting noise at around 3k RPMS. Apparently this was normal for H pipes and flow through mufflers (non chambered). Threw in the cats (I went with the choice I did to get a reputable brand, metallic core to future proof it verus cermaic, smallest cat I could find and 200 cell count at a fair price) and I absolutely love it. It's a deep tone mixed with an exotic tone. Not sure if that makes 100% sense but it's the best I can describe it with. Also having no more exhaust fumes (I'd smell like exhaust after driving with the windows down and got out) was icing on the cake. I'll never run catless again.

I understand why people do it but to me the additional few ponies and 5-10% sound increase wasn't worth it. Please it's better for the environment.

It's almost like when you smoke. When you smoke you don't smell other smokers. But when you quit, you smell them easily. Now I can smell if a car has cats or not. I can only imagine what people behind me smelled.

Addicted

Reaction score
I'm going to retain the main body of the Xpipe since it's 3 separate pieces, toss the pieces that run to the manifolds, add to the main body that will run to the kooks. Basically make my own shorty Xpipe. My car doesn't sound too raspy since i have chamberd mufflers, I don't like alot of rasp either. I already have a 2.5" flowmaster 44's cat-back system. I get alot of complements on the way it sounded.

joe65

Reaction score
That's pretty sad. It won't cause a leak as the outside weld is tight but come on. It wouldn't be enough to drive me insane because stock manifolds are designed for 2.25" and the pipe is 2.5" but still.

I was never a fan of the BBK X pipe anyway. Something about the clam shell X design they use versus a traditional design made all my exhausts sound like pissed off bees at certain RPMs. To take it even further I was never a fan of X pipes in general. Too raspy, not as loud, and the tone wasn't deep enough for me.

I see you have kooks long tubes in the plans. What mid pipe and cat back are you pairing it with?

I have BBK ceramic coated long tubes with a BBK H pipe with Magnaflow metallic spun cats welded in attached to Borla Stingers. I have an O/R VRS X pipe designed for the long tubes and hated it. I put on the H pipe without cats and it was 100x better in my book but there was a trumpeting or farting noise at around 3k RPMS. Apparently this was normal for H pipes and flow through mufflers (non chambered). Threw in the cats (I went with the choice I did to get a reputable brand, metallic core to future proof it verus cermaic, smallest cat I could find and 200 cell count at a fair price) and I absolutely love it. It's a deep tone mixed with an exotic tone. Not sure if that makes 100% sense but it's the best I can describe it with. Also having no more exhaust fumes (I'd smell like exhaust after driving with the windows down and got out) was icing on the cake. I'll never run catless again.

I understand why people do it but to me the additional few ponies and 5-10% sound increase wasn't worth it. Please it's better for the environment.

It's almost like when you smoke. When you smoke you don't smell other smokers. But when you quit, you smell them easily. Now I can smell if a car has cats or not. I can only imagine what people behind me smelled.

I think we need a sound clip?? I'm an x pipe fan, but i also have used a mac prochamber and that along with flowmasters was the deepest sound i've heard on a 2v motor (catless). I still can like the flowmaster sound, just not on my car now. lol. My son's ranger swap pushrod 5.0 with a big flowmaster and tails that exit before the rear wheels is just adrenaline sound to me. I can't drive that thing and not be in the pedal all the time just because of the sound. He has a borla to put on it because he's not a huge fan of the flow. So we'll see how that sounds.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Super 44 flows catless bbk h pipe

As much as I love that sound it’s not a fair comparison. The pushrods always have a deeper throaty tone with a deeper hit with a cam.

Mid motors have more of a trumpeted sound that’s bubbly and higher.

This isn’t a knock by any means but the two definitely sound totally different. Ya gotta find a good comparison vid with a mod car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
As much as I love that sound it’s not a fair comparison. The pushrods always have a deeper throaty tone with a deeper hit with a cam.

Mid motors have more of a trumpeted sound that’s bubbly and higher.

This isn’t a knock by any means but the two definitely sound totally different. Ya gotta find a good comparison vid with a mod car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is true , but it sounds sweet

TheOdessa

Reaction score
I think we need a sound clip?? I'm an x pipe fan, but i also have used a mac prochamber and that along with flowmasters was the deepest sound i've heard on a 2v motor (catless). I still can like the flowmaster sound, just not on my car now. lol. My son's ranger swap pushrod 5.0 with a big flowmaster and tails that exit before the rear wheels is just adrenaline sound to me. I can't drive that thing and not be in the pedal all the time just because of the sound. He has a borla to put on it because he's not a huge fan of the flow. So we'll see how that sounds.

I'll get one some day. Honestly never really thought of doing one or had a chance.

I like the Flowmaster sound, but honestly it just doesn't sound.... unique? The best way I can put it is that to me it sounds like every other truck, SUV, dodge hemi ect with them. Is it exactly sounding? No, but it's similar enough. I can hear a Flowmaster without even looking. Half the time I don't look but when I hear a unique good sounding exhaust, I look and even ask what they have. I'm a snob for exhaust sound so that's just me. If I were to ever go chambered again it'd be Mac Flowpaths. It's got that deep chambered sound with a unique tone that truly just sounds good and clean.

While my Super 44's with H pipe O/R were deeper then my stingers, my stingers are deep with a side of exotic. I can truly see why people like the sound. Mixed with a catted H pipe (must be catted) I am extremely happy. Throw in long tubes and it sounds even better. I always get compliments at club cruises and in public. I never in a thousand years would have thought to pair a catted H with stingers until I read it recommended a lot on the SVT forums. I always lived by X with straight through, H with chambered but this set up truly changed my mind.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online