99 Greenstang's Facelift

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I just don't want you to be super disappointed if it makes 320 horse. I wish someone would have told me the same thing.

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
It will make 375-400 at least I'm for sure of that my friend . It's all good I appreciate your concerns .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well we thought you were saying you would make 400 wheel.

In general on forums, when we discuss horsepower, we say to the ground. It's the true measure of the power a car makes.

unless its powered by turbines. in which case we use thrust.

or unless we're posting in the hot girlfriend thread. in which case we also use thrust.

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
I'm here for the results then.

No problem I'm very confident that it's 400 , ill post results when It all comes together my friends .

I appreciate everyone's interest in my project by the way , gonna get the camshaft degreed this week so I can maximize my P2V clearance since I'm using the 58cc heads ( went with them because it gave me 10:1 compression most power )

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
unless its powered by turbines. in which case we use thrust.

or unless we're posting in the hot girlfriend thread. in which case we also use thrust.

Ain't that the truth haha. We measure women similar to cars . how big is the intake ? how's her exhaust look? Has she got a lot of spark? Has she been maintained ? What's her interior like? Does she ride good? How many owners has she had ? How does her gears feel ?etc

Thank you ill be here all night LOL .

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ain't that the truth haha. We measure women similar to cars . how big is the intake ? how's her exhaust look? Has she got a lot of spark? Has she been maintained ? What's her interior like? Does she ride good? How many owners has she had ? How does her gears feel ?etc

Thank you ill be here all night LOL .

I've said this for years:
"are body modifications and decals in good taste?"

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Finally got y'all some pics of the stuff I've bought .

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Tuesday new head gaskets will be here finally and Monday the new pushrods and oil and valve cover breathers etc. Trickflow head gaskets were 79 each ! Going to start assembling it some possibly tomorrow and Monday and Tuesday going to put the new heads on .

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
ybu2y3ez.jpg

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
New Trickflow Heads , New Harland Sharp Roller rockers , New Comp Cams hardened pushrods , ARP hardware , New Pyles polished stainless steel headers , New 4" polished aluminum valve covers , New MLS head gaskets .

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Hey guys sorry it has been a while! Just did the first start up this past Wednesday ! She sounds awesome and runs awesome. The old heads were definitely the problem the head gasket was blown and the valves were crap and the heads may have or may have not been cracked all I know is the old GT40p heads were junk and changing to the new trickflow aluminum heads fixed all my problems! Still gotta figure out why alternator isn't charging I think I need a regulator? Before I used the alternator that came off of the 3.8 V6. Anyone got any insight on whether I need a voltage regulator or not? Thanks hope everyone's doing great!

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Haven't cleaned up my engine bay and wiring yet but here's a picture for y'all. Enjoy

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Looks good but what's with the dual belt system ?

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Thanks man it's been a lot of work thanks to the those crappy Gt40p heads that caused me every problem in the book lol.One belt runs the water pump and the alternator and the other runs the power steering pump. It's the way the March Performance kit is set up to work according to Summit.

RichV

Reaction score
Lotsa sweet parts there! Glad you're up and running now. Would be curious to see some dyno #s on that bad boy.

Alternators have not had voltage regulators since like the mid-80s. Not sure if the V6/V8 alternator is different but if that's the one that fits/works with your harness it's fine. Some of the V6 guys would know if they are the same. I had a charging problem on my 94 when I bought it, turned out to be the alternator. Even tho it was new. On the V8 alternator there is a little wire from the upper plug that has it's own little connector, if that comes unplugged, you stop charging.

Also, if I may add, clean up that wiring!! Nothing scares me more than ghetto wiring under the hood!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online