!995 GT Vert in Queens NY here

XxslowpokexX

Reaction score
Hey all,

Recently sold my 87 GT vert and after a month went through convertable withdrawals. I have several cars which ill go into one day however what Im here for is my 1995 GT vert auto green/tan. I did not buy this to go fast...Just to do some top down cruizing. Now I had no intentions of buying this car because I REAAAALLYY dont need anotherone but like I said.....

The car is BONE STOCK. A little ratty as it has over 100,000 miles on it but overall not in bad shape. As for Mods right now I'm just going to make it look a tad better. I have searched extensively through the forums for ideas. So here is what I have bought so far (since yesterday!) and what I plan on getting... Ive owned fox mustangs since 1990 as well as the tbird cougar variations but I need guidance with no room for experimentation (no time)

1) Hate the factory rear wing so I picked up an s281 spoiler. Yes I did my research on getting a part that fits right....Well see
2) Mach one chine spoiler. Car looks like it needs something up there.
3) 99 Cobra rims. Had the 16" factory.....Had these lying around from my other car

Now what I am looking to get

4) Headlights. I DO NOT want to waste my money getting crappy headlights. Been through that with my other stang. Ive looked around the forums but peoples ideas of a good fit vary. I either want a not to ricey looking 1 peice setup (I like the one peice look) or a good two peice smoked cobra set. Any good reccomendations on who to buy from on ebay? Maybe just go american muscle?
5) Lowering springs. I have a great temptation on getting springs just because they are under $100 shipped from ebay. Im seriously not trying to make this car handle great. Just have a nice stance and look good. Anyone try any of the ebay specials?
6) Exhaust. I heard fox cat back works? True? I am probably going with flowmasters just because I like the sound..Toatally non performance related

Thats it for now. Need to work on the interior a bit. Leather is shot. Will post some pictures soon. Im real bad at doing before and after photos but Ill try this time around!

And hello!

Damon

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hey welcome to the forum. Yes you can put a fox catback on your car

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

JoshHooten

Reaction score
Welcome,I didn't know you could use fox cat back I figured the tailpipes were a little different

OP
OP
X

XxslowpokexX

Reaction score
So far thanks all. The problem I hav ewith any reproduction headlights be it 200 or 60 a pair is that they never fit right. Almost always when they are two peice teh headlights and corners look off...At least the one peice it may not be an issue. They all look the same but quality differs. What you get when everything is made in China

With springs they are generally made in only a handfull of plants. You pay for name and marketing..HOWEVER again who knows what comes over from China..

I have SVE rims on one of my cars..Not so bad...But again..A company apparently trying to rip off the Special Vehicle Engineering from ford. In the end I just dont want to pay $100 extra for the same quality or lack thereof!

Thanks again all!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
never had an issue with poor fit on my lights and had 2 different pair on my 94 gt. To me the one piece look strange but I have projectors and know some people do not like them, to each his own....

special vehicle engineering - sure you don't mean special vehicle team or special vehicle operations? Never heard ford call it engineering unless that is an internal thing.

Welcome to the forum.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I dont think SVE is related to ford. SVE = special vehicle equipment. I believe its different from svt.
As for two-piece headlights, if you buy the right brand or make they should fit just fine. Mine are from ebay, and i payed $100 but i made sure to re-seal them so i don't have any future problems.

OP
OP
X

XxslowpokexX

Reaction score
Ferocious..I actually got the same ones you have after reading your post about 30 min ago.. They seemed to fit well at least from the looks of it. As for SVE Ford actually had an SVE department. A few of my buddies actually own SVE cars as designated on thier title. Nothing special but more than likely they were used for something in thier past. How do you like those springs you used? This car is what I consider budget build. I tend to get carried away and this current car is just a lil too ratty to throw a ton of money into..Photos by mid week though!

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I love my springs. I managed to squeeze out a 2.08" drop with mine. They ride like stock, so no real improvment there.
I'm looking into some new shocks&struts however... if yours are worn out, id swap those out too.

OP
OP
X

XxslowpokexX

Reaction score
Actually they are brand new. I have a bumpsteer kit lying around from another project I can use. Did you also use new isolators with your springs?

See photos below..>As you can tell it really needs to be lowered. Ill get new pics once I start instal;ling some stuff

OP
OP
X

XxslowpokexX

Reaction score
5N65F45He3G73K83L7c3sf423ddb2d99d1081.jpg
5I15K85F53k63Mb3Ifc3oef3e7152f24a1316.jpg

5Kf5Hc5J73n83Kb3p8c3ocd798ceadd6d14e5.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members