A/C problem *Fixed*

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the A/C died just as summer rolled around. of course. When i switch the Mode to anything (i.e. vent, max, defrost, etc.) The Air only comes out of the floor and defrost vents. I checked the Vac. lines, they should be fine. I'm thinking it may be the control unit of maybe the switch itself.

Any ideas. Hope that explains it well.

Jeremy

Tattoogod

Reaction score
Re: A/C problem

I believe that's there some vac lines down by the motor controls behind the dash.like clear silicone tubes that operate diaphrams to control the vents.check those for dust build ups.Ive had my fair share of the vents not going back and forth just due to excessive amounts of dust in the vent openings.but that was on my fox style.I'm not 100% sure on these.mine isn't working good right now either,the compressor kicks on when it wants too lol.damn stubborn horse i tell ya :hammer:

OP
OP
JeremyAlan

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score

My Dad was sayin something about it being a vaccum switch... is it or is it a POT switch or whatever?

Tattogod i checked the vac. lines... they are fine... there is a connecter not pluged into anything and its wires go into a wrapped pipe that is warm to the touch right behind the glove box? ??? Any ideas?

Jeremy

OP
OP
JeremyAlan

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sorry for the confusion but the WIRES arent warm... the wrapped pipe is... i think it carries the freeon to the pump? and a sensor is unpluged.

Jeremy

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

The pipe is okay to be warm/hot. Im just confuised what are you trying to solve the AC prob or the prob that its only pumpin out of the floor/defrost?

Was your AC working before, nice and cold?

OP
OP
JeremyAlan

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score

okay... My A/C is plenty cool... actully freezing, the heater is quite hot, i just cant get it to switch over to vent from defrost.

Better? :-\

Tattoogod

Reaction score

sounds like a diverter valve sticking ,usually gummer up,or dry rotted vac lines leaking just enough vacuum not to allow it to switch over..i may be wrong,i just know theres alot of crap back there.

Tattoogod

Reaction score

thats what im looking for ;D but i want to find one with black leather seats in it.i hate cloth seats.

OP
OP
JeremyAlan

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score

LOL ... yeah Find a wrecked Cobra... I think those have really good leather seats :thumb:

Jeremy

OP
OP
JeremyAlan

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score

Problem Solved!

It was a leaking vaccum line under the hood that we overlooked before.

A/C Works great now... its rather cold :thumb:

Jeremy

B0mb3r645

Reaction score
I have a problem with my A/C, its mainly probably the Freeon, but I have no manual and no idea where to put it in my 97. Where exactly is the suction line?

B0mb3r645

Reaction score
Will have to look into that one. Which line is it, though? I know there's the suction and then the release or w/e, the unsuction line lol.

jpajkos

Reaction score
If your looking to put refrigerant in your 97 gt you have to fill it on the low pressure nipple which is located on the passenger side just pass the strut. There is a black cap you screw off and it will expose where you clip on the gauge with your can of refrigerant.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.