a real quick/easy question

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
short and to the point to hopefully settle a fb discussion. At what age would it be acceptable and safe to put your son in the back seat of you car with a roll cage in it?:tongue3: oh no helmet of course.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Hell roll cages make it safer than driving a kid around in my time bomb, a long as there's foam around the bars the kid should be safe! That being said, I have no kids and don't really have a relatable experience with this. But logically thinking, regardless of power of the vehicle, roll bars= safety.... Right? Forgot to add: acceptable age- whenever they can sit without a car seat

410sn95

Reaction score
Full cage or rollbar with harness bar = no one should really be in the back "seat" IMHO.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Full cage or rollbar with harness bar = no one should really be in the back "seat" IMHO.

This is what ive always thought. Even one of those "racing harness" bars. It just doesnt seem like a thing I'd want to bang my head on...even with a thin layer of foam.

chris91

Reaction score
I love how people think that thin foam shit protects you against major brain trauma. At high speed impact, thats not going to help at all. At no age should you have any child or even adult in the backseat with a cage. I'm sure if you did enough searching around you could find scientific evidence to provide you a solid argument.

RichV

Reaction score
I wouldn't put anyone in the back of a caged car. Extremely dangerous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online