ABS sensors missing

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
The bleed procedure for a rack is pretty easy and there's tons of youtube vids on it. Just make sure it's not spongey feeling before you actually interact with traffic.

There should be a visible part number on the boot and Ford should be able to sell them to you. Failing that, an online site like Tasca ought to have them. Cause if not, now I'm worried. Just make sure you buy only a Ford boot that is either the same p/n as the original or is a direct replacement for that p/n because everyone I've ever seen use a 'universal boot' has always cursed themselves for using them. They WILL leak.

I did have a junkyard rack I bought and sent to TurnOne for refurb since it was an 03/04 Cobra unit. That's another option in case you suspect anything's bad or a job is over your head.

OP
OP
S

SN95_Project

Reaction score
I botched a boot on the R&P when we redid the front suspension. Replaced it and I really don't think the rack is what's leaking. Pretty confident it's the pump. Will update when I know more.

OP
OP
S

SN95_Project

Reaction score
Confirmed that the oil cooler was the problem. Since the post I made here on that, the rack has been dry as a bone.

OP
OP
S

SN95_Project

Reaction score
Confirmed the ABS sensors were cut out of the front. Still there in the back though. Upull it is!

OP
OP
S

SN95_Project

Reaction score
Had an ebay seller tell me that the 95-97 ABS sensors in the front are the same. Is this true?

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Most likely true. Somewhere around 98.5 (or maybe it was New Edge 99+) they went to 4-channel ABS where as the earlier SN95 cars with ABS were 3-channel (2 front brakelines and 1 rear brakeline, but with 4 ABS sensors). It's possible the re-design also included different sensors.

I can't be 100% because the only SN95 I ever owned is the one I have now.